[Hpn] Homeless Activists Unite

Becky Johnson wmnofstl@cruzio.com
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 15:40:16 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C0F031.760E8260

Letter to Santa Cruz Sentinel=20

Letter to the Santa Cruz Sentinel

Santa Cruz, Ca.

Friday, June 08, 2001

Dear Editor,

After witnessing the trial of the Koffee Klatch 3, it=92s clear this =
case belonged on Dr. Laura=92s radio show rather than in the Superior =
Court of the County of Santa Cruz. Truly there was no reason to go to =
court if Anna Brooks had had a cup of coffee with Robert Norse and =
discussed her concerns about their lobbying effort. As Ms. Brooks said =
in her testimony she is "excellent at my job" and "by virtue of my =
position I am the first person to welcome a visitor to the Mayor=92s =
office." The fact she never spoke to her superiors about her alleged =
harassment showed she had a plan based on her customer service =
experience to handle the matter alone.

So what did she do? What every American does. She went to court! The =
$12,000 that the City spent representing Ms. Brooks had no bearing on =
the fact that Ms. Brooks had to have her day in court. (Was Ms. Brooks =
was testifying in court on City time?)=20

What Ms. Brooks did was organize homeless activists across California to =
also lobby their City Councils to end laws, which criminalize homeless =
people. So what social activists couldn=92t do Anna Brooks, City =
Attorney John Barisone, Mayor Tim Fitzmaurice and all of Anna Brook=92s =
well wishers and $12,000 of taxpayer money were able to accomplish.=20

I want to thank them all for once again for bringing the issue of =
homelessness to public attention. And thanks to Judge Stevens for =
dismissing the case.

Sincerely,

Rabbi Chayim Levin

chayimlevin@hotmail.com=20

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C0F031.760E8260

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<P>Letter to Santa Cruz Sentinel </P>
<P>Letter to the Santa Cruz Sentinel</P>
<P>Santa Cruz, Ca.</P>
<P>Friday, June 08, 2001</P>
<P>Dear Editor,</P>
<P>After witnessing the trial of the <I>Koffee Klatch 3</I>, it&rsquo;s =
clear=20
this case belonged on <B>Dr. Laura&rsquo;s</B> radio show rather than in =
the=20
<I>Superior Court of the County of Santa Cruz</I>. Truly there was no =
reason to=20
go to court if <B>Anna Brooks</B> had had a cup of coffee with <B>Robert =

Norse</B> and discussed her concerns about their lobbying effort. As Ms. =
Brooks=20
said in her testimony she is &quot;excellent at my job&quot; and =
&quot;by virtue=20
of my position I am the first person to welcome a visitor to the =
Mayor&rsquo;s=20
office.&quot; The fact she never spoke to her superiors about her =
alleged=20
harassment showed she had a plan based on her customer service =
experience to=20
handle the matter alone.</P>
<P>So what did she do? What every American does. She went to court! The =
$12,000=20
that the City spent representing Ms. Brooks had no bearing on the fact =
that Ms.=20
Brooks had to have her day in court. (Was Ms. Brooks was testifying in =
court on=20
City time?) </P>
<P>What Ms. Brooks did was organize homeless activists across California =
to also=20
lobby their City Councils to end laws, which criminalize homeless =
people. So=20
what social activists couldn&rsquo;t do <B>Anna Brooks</B>, <B>City =
Attorney=20
John Barisone</B>, <B>Mayor Tim Fitzmaurice</B> and all of <B>Anna=20
Brook&rsquo;s</B> well wishers and $12,000 of taxpayer money were able =
to=20
accomplish. </P>
<P>I want to thank them all for once again for bringing the issue of=20
homelessness to public attention. And thanks to <B>Judge Stevens</B> for =

dismissing the case.</P>
<P>Sincerely,</P><B>
<P>Rabbi Chayim Levin</P>
<P><A =