[Hpn] Re: panhandling, alcohol

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 22:54:14 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C0EE12.7156A660

I have frequently
stated that aggressive panhandling is the same problem
of those junk mailings that destroy our forests, and
the telephone solicitors

as individual as these issues are they have in common that they should =
both be improved upon, if possible.

The homeless for doing
there rendition of such employment however suffer from
undue selective harassment of the community in which
they chose to live and acquire there needed services.=20

As a formerly homeless person, I can relate to this with deep feeling.  =
I've witnessed and experienced abuse and mistreatment of the less =
privileged.  It can be less than amusing to be in such a vulnerable =
position.  "They'll hurt you, and desert you" as James Taylor once =
hummed.  I've documented that nasty reality.

However the Internet is an apparent resolution
to their problem if they would use it.=20

I believe, John, that the Internet is a mighty tool, in that it has =
potential, just like we do, and maybe someday we can break these chains =
of poverty and become financially independent.

ONE APPLICATION THAT IS
SHARED THROUGH THE USE OF A PERSONAL ID NUMBER and
VENDOR ID NUMBERS.

I'm sorry, but I will not share any personal ID number of mine, NO WAY, =
WE EACH BUILD OUR OWN CREDIT (or destroy it).  My credit is my rep.
As for VENDOR, it is probably Ok to go in on the cost of and share a =
booth with others.

Peace & Love,

Lucy

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C0EE12.7156A660

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>I have frequently<BR>stated that aggressive panhandling is the same =

problem<BR>of those junk mailings that destroy our forests, and<BR>the =
telephone=20
solicitors</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>as individual as these issues are they have in common that they =
should=20
both be improved upon, if possible.</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The homeless for doing<BR>there rendition of such employment =
however suffer=20
from<BR>undue selective harassment of the community in which<BR>they =
chose to=20
live and acquire there needed services. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>As a formerly homeless person, I can relate to this with deep=20
feeling.&nbsp; I've witnessed and experienced&nbsp;abuse and =
mistreatment of the=20
less privileged.&nbsp; It can be less than amusing to be in such a =
vulnerable=20
position.&nbsp; "They'll hurt you, and desert you" as James Taylor once=20
hummed.&nbsp; I've documented that nasty reality.</EM></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>However the Internet is an apparent resolution<BR>to their problem =
if they=20
would use it. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>I believe, John, that&nbsp;the Internet&nbsp;is a mighty tool, =
in that=20
it has potential, just like we do, and maybe someday we can break these =
chains=20
of poverty and become financially independent.</EM></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>ONE APPLICATION THAT IS<BR>SHARED THROUGH THE USE OF A PERSONAL ID =
NUMBER=20
and<BR>VENDOR ID NUMBERS.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>I'm sorry, but I will not share any personal ID number of mine, =
NO WAY,=20
WE EACH BUILD OUR OWN CREDIT (or destroy it).&nbsp; My credit is my=20
rep.</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM>As for VENDOR, it is probably Ok to go in on the cost of and =
share a=20
booth with others.</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>Peace &amp; Love,</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>Lucy</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C0EE12.7156A660--