[Hpn] My friend died yesteday

elijah huffman hobo_poet@hotmail.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:29:00 -0400

<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Yesterday my friend, Tommy Ferechio, was found dead at his doorway in the alley. He was a vet, but the government did't care, he supported the government for some strange reason, but the government undermined him.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; He didn't have to die, he wanted to. He didn't care anymore because he had no more hope. he had been trying to get in a program and detox. he wasn't taken.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I probably was the last person to share a cigarette with him, after helping him to him to his spot.</DIV>
<DIV>He didn't have to die. People make good money running programs that are supposed to help.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; He didn't have to die, but people getting paid to help don't care. Will any shed a tear.I at one time tried to get a program started,&nbsp; I created a preliminary to a newspaper, that was hoped to be done by the homeless, but was not intended to be just about homelesness. It was supposed to showcase their talents, and bring together their Ideas, so we coul;d work towards developing our own programs done by us. It was suppoest to work towards us helping each other towards having an earned income. Most recently I have been working on a site with the same false hope.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; But&nbsp;I guess that is not a good idea, because all of the existing organizations want people to pity the homeless and send the org donations cause the organizations know our needs, after all they get paid to know what we need. If they didn't know our needs, they would come to us and aske us how they can help, and how to best use the resources that they get to help us with.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm stupid, I thought the way to help us is to invest in us, and help to harness our talents, both individually, and collectively. To at least help with a garage, so we can build bicyle trailers to use for recyling. and we could, bring the computers, tv's ,clothes, office furniture, etc to the garage for distribution, and yard sale, or fleamarket.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I thought eventually we could have a store(s), I thought it would be nice if we were able to have our own income, and collectively support our own program, and any futher donations could go to help some other group somewhere else, I thought if we had a place and people felt they had a chance, and were part of a family they wouldn't quit eating,&nbsp; until they drank themselves to death.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I thought&nbsp; if people could work together the alcoholism could be overcome, through having a homelike environment,that allowed them to feel they had a purpose. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; But I am homeless, what do I know.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The organizations think we need more turkey baloney and peanut butter. They must be right, cause they are getting paid to think for us, and to decide what our needs are. they know what we need because they aren't homeless.They think a person doesn't need to go to detox unless he is sober</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Back to the newspaper. I passed out the preliminaries, and It was a couple of weeks before some of the people with organizations even got around to reading them. just like some of the same people know I have been working hard on a site, and haven't yet checked it out.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Finally I saw someone I had known for I time that had just taken over a house in town that was connected to a farm in westvirginia. He asked me to join in, as they needed my ideas so they could revamp the program, and he also said that if I went to the farm three of my friends would be sent there to detox. He said he wouldn't be able to send them if I wasn't there, as he knew I could deal with them, as I was already dealing with them all of the time. He said I could work on starting the type of program I was taking about there. He got chased off from the house, I guess because he cared.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Time went by. Two weeks turned into months Months turned into me getting on management for not doing what it said it was going to do, turned into me being given fifteen minutes to leave. this is a place that you are supposed to be kicked out of ,only for drinking, drugging or fighting. oh yes, and for arguing with management that you were supposed to be part of.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; He didn't have to die because I had been working towards getting a place before I fell&nbsp; for the lies of that organization. He didn't have to die, because they said that he would be there two weeks after I got there and because they are 'godly' people, and are of their word </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; He didn't have to die because for years and years I've been tryng to get people to invest in the homeless, instead of having pity on us.</DIV>
<DIV>Every time they hire one person into an agency or organization, the salary of that person could instead, go towards a house, that could house a number of us, giving a place where others could shower, and eat, where crafts or whatever could be done, to get at least a little income, where we could organize towards pulling off a festiveal with 'our' talent and the moneys a promoter usually would get could go towards filling needs, like land, tools, etc.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Oops, there I go again, I forget, I don't know anything, what I need is what they are going to give me, a peanut butter sandwich, so I can choke on it, cause I'm tired, and I don't have anymore hope. my friend is the lucky one.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have spent a lot of time on a site, that I had hoped would get used by us in order to compile our ideas, form our own damn organiazations etc. But I'm tired, I'm tired of my friends dying, I'm tired of organizations and agencies, I'm tired of being chased from spot to spot,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm tired of having my coat stolen in the night, I'm tired of not knowing what I need. I'm tired of my friends dying cause no one really cares enough to listen to what we think we need.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; To get to the point, and I don't know if anyone is still reading this, But, if there is a homeless person out there, that would check out my site&nbsp; at <A href="http://beyond.g2gm.com/">http://beyond.g2gm.com</A>&nbsp;and you think it might be a good Idea, and are willing to take it over, Then e-mail me at <A href="mailto:hobo_poet@hotmail.com">hobo_poet@hotmail.com</A> and let me know why I should let you have the site, and I may e-mail you all of the paswords, including my e-mail one, and give you the urls to some other spots on the web, along with the passwords for them.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If you are a service provider, forget it, I don't even want to hear from you. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have been using a T-1 line and due to it's speed, have hit the sites of a hell of a lot of organizations and so called advocates, and they were all about patting themselves ,and (or) their organization on the back, and "send us some money", yes I've seen Anita Freemans' too.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The best I saw by any advocates was that of a beautifully spirited thirteen year old girl, also that of her friend,&nbsp;who wishes to save the whales, the only other worthwhile done by advocates are the discussion lists. which I have hated it because I haven't been able to keep up with them as I have been using my time in developing the site and web searching</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I will give it a little time maybe hours, maybe a day, before I start deleting everything, I don't know why I am even hoping that someone take over.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My friend didn't have to die, but he's the lucky one.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>