[Hpn] Fw: Conference on Economic Development for Women

Editor Editor <icanamerica@usa.com>
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:40:43 -0400

Hi,  thought you might be interested in this event.
Please feel free to pass the info along to your networks.

The Ms. Foundation is planning its 11th Institute for Women's Economic
EmPOWERment this September 6-9 in Atlanta, Georgia.  Through classes, workshops,
cultural celebrations and informal discussions the Institute creates a unique
learning environment that enables both experienced economic development and
economic justice activists and those new to the field to build skills and share
their knowledge.

This year we have new features including an economic justice track, with
sessions on organizing, popular education, TANF reauthorization, and building
effective community-labor partnerships, as well as our community economic
development track.

The theme of the Institute is "Bridging Race and Class Differences to Build
Women's Power."

We have partial scholarships available, and will have simultaneous
English/Spanish translation in plenaries and some classes/workshops.

For hard copies of a brochure about the Institute, contact Dana Veerasammy at
212-742-2300 x 317.

Thanks for spreading the word!

Carol Barton, Consultant, Ms. Foundation