[Hpn] Resources on Child Labour

Global March International Secretariat yatra@del2.vsnl.net.in
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:06:58 +0530

Dear Sir/Madam,

Warm greetings from Global March Against Child Labour.

As you are aware Global March is a worldwide movement involving over
2000 partners in 140 countries working towards the eradication of child
labour. The organisation has been successful in effectively mobilising
various groups in the civil society for the cause and as part of our
ongoing efforts we are in a new project to strengthen the movement.

We strongly believe that the availability of adequate and accurate
information is the basis for success of any movement, be it global,
regional or national. Recognising this pressing need, Global March has
embarked on a project to develop a 'Child Labour Resource Centre' housed
at the Global March International Secretariat based in New Delhi, India.

The Child Labour Resource Centre aims to be a hub of information on
child labour around the world. It would include useful resources such as
books, reports, periodicals, journals, newsletters, videos, handbooks,
directories and photographs to name a few. In addition we also plan to
set up a Virtual Library accessible through our web site. All these
would largely focus on child labour and other related issues.

To this end, Global March has already taken active steps and over the
period managed to accumulate few useful publications on the subject. But
there still are number of publications available elsewhere those not yet
gathered. The biggest challenge before us here is to find out about such
resources and to procure them.

We therefore wish to enlist your kind support in developing this Child
Labour Resource Centre. You may help us in any of the following ways:

-- Provide us the hard copies of reports, books, videos, handbooks,
newsletters, journal etc. produced by your organisation or your partner.

-- Help us get other publications available in your country.
-- Pass us the information on resources available with other
organisations with relevant details.
-- Contribute to the virtual library by sending the soft copies of
documents available with you or elsewhere.

Kindly acknowledge this letter and do let us know if you could help us.
Your support is of immense value to us and to the larger cause of child
labour around the world.

Thanking you and looking forward to your early reply

Sincerely yours

Elizabeth Abraham
Resource Centre Co-ordinator