[Hpn] Triple FEDERAL HOMELESS AID, Mayors ask Bush (fwd)

elijah huffman hobo_poet@hotmail.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 22:15:52 -0500

This really sounds nice,on the surface, But I must question.  If this
actually happens, where will the money go? To make some organization
stronger? To give someone the revenue, allowing them to afford giving their
cousin a cush admin job? To build a new building or annex, that the homeless
can only access a few hours a day? If they can even access at all.
At the same time these mayors propose this, I wonder if they are allowing
ther police,to 'pull sweeps' chasing homeless from one place
to another, causing them to not be able to have any little piece of turf to
call 'home'

The first step in helping the homeless is not money, rather changes of
policy, attitude, and very importantly, stoping the wastful spendeng of
moneys donated to us, but put in the care of these (some are o.k of course)
lousy agencies

elijah

'advocate for programs for the homeless, being run by the homeless, or at
least by people who honestly seek us for advice'