[Hpn] Fw: Action Alert

homey homey@ids.net
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:25:43 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_S+NuP0V7jrufDqdU5AqXKA)

Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 9:23 PM
Subject: Action Alert

People To End Homelessness will sponsor a direct action at the State =
House Rotunda, 82 Smith Street, Providence on Thursday, February 1st at =
3 pm sharp.  Please bring a sleeping bag, blanket and anything else you =
might require for an overnight stay.  it is our intent to turn the State =
House into an emergency shelter until the Governor's Office opens more =
emergency shelter space for families and individuals.

To date there are still around 30 individuals sleeping at the Traveler's =
Aid Day Room due to the lack of shelter beds.  There are many families =
and individuals living in cars or outside while temperatures plummet in =
the single digits.  Many shelters are dangerously overcrowded with some =
families forced to sleep on the floor of local social service agencies.

As former homeless people and self-advocates we find this unacceptable.  =
We know that the streets are not safe with some homeless street dwellers =
fall victim to accidental death, murder, rape and robbery.  One of our =
friends was recently killed when he was stuck by a car while pushing his =
shopping cart down a city street.

Catherine Rhodes
People to End Homelessness
351-5252

--Boundary_(ID_S+NuP0V7jrufDqdU5AqXKA)

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">
<DIV><B></B>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><B></B>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Monday, January 29, 2001 9:23 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Action Alert</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>People To End Homelessness will sponsor a direct =
action at the=20
State House Rotunda, 82 Smith Street, Providence on Thursday, February =
1st at 3=20
pm sharp.&nbsp; Please bring a sleeping bag, blanket and anything else =
you might=20
require for an overnight stay.&nbsp; it is our intent to turn the State =
House=20
into an emergency shelter until the Governor's Office opens more =
emergency=20
shelter space for families and individuals.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>To date there are still around 30 individuals =
sleeping at the=20
Traveler's Aid Day Room due to the lack of shelter beds.&nbsp; There are =
many=20
families and individuals living in cars or outside while temperatures =
plummet in=20
the single digits.&nbsp; Many shelters are dangerously overcrowded with =
some=20
families forced to sleep on the floor of local social service=20
agencies.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>As former homeless people and self-advocates we find =
this=20
unacceptable.&nbsp; We know that the streets are not safe with some =
homeless=20
street dwellers fall victim to accidental death, murder, rape and =
robbery.&nbsp;=20
One of our friends was recently killed when he was stuck by a car while =
pushing=20
his shopping cart down a city street.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Catherine Rhodes</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>People to End Homelessness</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>351-5252</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_S+NuP0V7jrufDqdU5AqXKA)--