[Hpn] Re: HARMONY Is anybody Out there?

my bembery mybembery@altavista.com
28 Jan 2001 05:59:51 -0800

On Sat, 27 January 2001, "Harmony Foster Kieding" wrote:

> Mikala,
>
> yikes..please educate this instant newbie here, who doesn't know what "Housing
> Readiness" means. What does it mean?
> It sounds like one of those "labels".....(now, now Harmony..stay open-minded!!)....
>

>  your sis, (in spirit)
>
> Harmony

HOUSING READINESS IS NOT A TERM YOU CAN LOOK UP IN WEBSTER'S BUT, TO THE BEST OF MY UNDERSTANDING....

HOUSING READINESS MEANS THAT THERE ARE MANY OF US WHO THE ESTABLISHMENT DEEMS UNPREPARED TO OBTAIN HOUSING AND MOVE ON FAIRLY IMMEDIATELY TO "SELF-SUFFICIENCY".  tHEY ARE REFERRING TO THOSE OF US THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO (YOU SAID IT HARMONY!) LABEL AS REQUIRING SUPPORTIVE SERVICES ATTACHED TO THEIR HOUSING. "WHO CAN WE SHELVE FIRST WHO WILL STAY THERE IN THEIR PLACE!"

ONCE AGAIN WE ARE BEING SEPARATED OUT AND DIVIDED, WORKING HOMELESS, DISABLED HOMELESS, ETC...  IT IS BROKEN DOWN SO ONCE AGAIN YOU CAN BLAME INDIVIDUALS FOR HOMELESSNESS.

i BASICALLY JUST WANTED TO THROW THAT TERM OUT SO THAT WE CAN ALL KEEP ABREAST OF THE LANGUAGE, I THINK IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE DO.

LOVE & LIGHT,  -M

http://www.shopping.altavista.com