[Hpn] FW: URGENT! Tell your friends about OpposeAshcroft.com

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:31:20 -0700

----------
From: Szinman@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:43:02 EST
To: (suppressed)
Subject: Fwd: Thanks! Tell your friends about OpposeAshcroft.com

From: webmaster@opposeashcroft.com
Date: Saturday, January 27, 2001 3:12 PM
To: szinman@aol.com

Thanks for taking the time to speak out against the nomination of John
Ashcroft.

If you asked us to keep you notified, we'll keep you informed over
the coming days with information on the nomination process in the Senate.

Please also take a moment to tell your friends about this effort!
Forward the message below to as many people you know as possible:

------ PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE BELOW TO YOUR FRIENDS -------
Dear Friend,

I have joined an online campaign called OpposeAshcroft.com which is
collecting signatures urging the Senate to take a close look at the Ashcroft
record before voting on the nomination of John Ashcroft to be U.S. Attorney
General.

The position of Attorney General demands that the person who fills it be
beyond reproach: a person of integrity and good judgment. John Ashcroft is a
right-wing conservative with an exceptionally poor civil rights record and
an astonishingly bad history concerning reproductive rights--he should not
be the nation's chief enforcer of civil rights and other laws.

People For the American Way, the NAACP, NARAL, the Sierra Club, Planned
Parenthood, the National Council of Jewish Women and other groups have
announced their opposition to the nomination of former Senator John Ashcroft
to the position of Attorney General.  Please join me and get involved. Read
more about Ashcroft and then sign the petition.  A copy of the petition will
be sent to your Senator.

Please speak up by lending your signature at:

              http://www.opposeashcroft.com/

Then send word of this petition to your friends.

Thanks!