[Hpn] Re: I too disagree with the type of jail sentance for the "crime".

elijah huffman hobo_poet@hotmail.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:13:02 -0500

<P>I've been wanting to respond to this since it first came up,&nbsp; I'll take a minute to do so now.Who is going to hold the churches responsible for their crimes?</P>
<P>The people in the pulpits, and their cohorts, say you are supposed to give ten percent to the church.&nbsp; This came about from preachers and priests taking the verse in the old testament that says "leave ten percent in the field for the needy"&nbsp; The money to be used for the building and maintaince of the temple was something else altogether (and it was a temple that god told David&nbsp; "I will have your son build a temple for YOU") the money for the temple was not to be the ten percent, but everyone involved with the temple was to give equal amounts. Then some priest or preacher somewhere down the line says, give the ten percent you are to give to the needy, to us, and we'll save you the trouble by taking care of them for you. It then evolved into just giving ten percent to the church.</P>
<P>Now the way I see it, This amonts to stealing Gods tithes and offerings, and stealing from each and every needy person. I also see that since the churches have been built through the diversion of tithes, that were supposed to go to the needy , all church propertys are actually ours and he commited no crime, as it was his window, and our window, in the first place.</P>