[Hpn] Fwd: US Office of Civil Rights finds against MA Dept. of Transitional Assista...

Djabr@aol.com Djabr@aol.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:01:49 EST

Hello,

Just an update regarding the personal information I shared yesterday about
losing what had been my current section eight rental housing voucher -- Good

Got an e-mail this morning from the director of the section eight program
for the Vermont State Housing Authority (VSHA). In it they asked that when I
planned to come in to reapply that I ask for them because they wanted to
talk with me. They mentioned that another extension on my voucher may be
possible. So I went in this morning and we talked. We went over the
information on me to check if it was current and update anything that needed
correcting. They then informed me that they were recommending that I be
approved for an extension. In our discussion they used the term "reasonable
accommodation". While it is not officially approved yet, once the
recommendation is considered, I will receive an official letter which
informs me of their decision and of my status.

This is good news. I am very pleased.

The VSHA and the staff I have worked with have always treated me well and
fairly. They have actually bent over backwards trying to help where and when
they can.

Yes, I am still heading down to Boston for the Homeless Marathon of course.
Now I feel a little better knowing I can get right back to work looking for
a place to live for myself once I return from my trip since I am pretty
certain of having the extension on my voucher.

Morgan <morganbrown@hotmail.com>
Morgan W. Brown
Homeless in Montpelier Vermont

-------Forwarded FYI-------

This week, please participate in & listen to the

Fourth Annual Homeless Marathon Call-In Radio Talk Show:

http://www.homelessnessmarathon.org/

Homelessness Marathon Radio Talk-Show
Call In Phone numbers are:

1-877-533-8478 -- for those who were, are or might become HOMELESS

1-800-213-9367 -- for all OTHERS

When: Wednesday (1/24) 7:00 pm - Thursday (1/25/2001) 9:00 am

Homeless Marathon Schedule:

http://www.homelessnessmarathon.org/schedule.html

--Note: Schedule in Eastern Standard Time [ EST ]

Where: Participating radio stations or live Web cast

Where to Hear the 4th Annual Homelessness Marathon:

http://www.homelessnessmarathon.org/stationsairing.html

-- [ Multiple stations in CA, IL, ND, NY, WA, OR, ME ]

Read the below forwarded message for more information and also go to the
recent article featured in the Boston Phoenix:

Where the heart is: Marathon man:

http://www.bostonphoenix.com/archive/features/01/01/18/tji/MARATHON.html

-------End of forward-------

Morgan <morganbrown@hotmail.com>
Morgan W. Brown
Montpelier Vermont USA

PS  If you have not been there either before or recently,
make sure to visit Sundog Stories: http://www.sundogstories.net