[Hpn] CSAR, Olympics, Children, and Homelessness

Richard Gurbin truegrowth@sympatico.ca
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:40:21 -0500

TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE.  to see how this is an unparalleled opportunity
for global social awareness/equity/justice, please read on and also
check the CSAR web site http://www3.sympatico.ca/truegrowth/start.htm

Hello to all,

Recent press coverage has prompted us to think that timing is of the
essence in our strategy to lobby "genesis" decision makers and people of
influence as Toronto, Ontario, Canada bids to host 2008 Olympics.  There
has been recent high media profile government support of the less
fortunate

OUR CONCERN is that recent (favorable) Canadian press may be more
posturing/pretense to support the Toronto bid than to support the
homeless.  Our response is to do all we can to increase
exposure/encouragement/public scrutiny as Olympic officials make their
final decision in the next few months.

PLEASE CIRCULATE AS YOU SEE FIT.

CSAR, Consolidation for Social Awareness and Responsibility  has been
lobbying since August '97 to influence the selection process of the
International Olympic  Committee whose function it is to determine
future sites for hosting Olympic games.

We note that they currently use stringent economic and political
criteria when they make their selection.  Our goal is to get the
International Olympic Selection Committee to include social criteria as
a regular (equal) part of their selection process.

We use a (unique?) combination of pre written letters (distributed over
the internet) and regular mail to gain the attention/support of people
in positions of power and influence.  We believe that social inequity is

every person's responsibility/opportunity.  We have some suspicion that
they are starting to feel our presence.

Letter #1 lobbies the bid committee for Toronto Ontario, Canada
Letter #2 lobbies the International Olympic Selection Committee
Letter #3 lobbies Corporate sponsors of the Toronto bid.

Please participate.  It is an amateur site on a reputable server but
please be patient and forgiving if the server is slow.  We perceive that

we have an unparalleled opportunity to make a genuine difference and we
we ask for your simple support.  It takes about 7 minutes to make the
difference.

Thank you and God Bless you every one.  :o)

Richard Gurbin, CSAR