[Hpn] Nylon Shelters in a Community Environment Better than Isolated Homelessness

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 10:42:13 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C07A28.D3F36C80

I meant to say "if a church or churches owned some property (vacant lot, =
etc.) in the city" (not city "owned" property.)

I also have to say that it is really sorrowful that these people even =
have to bother with battling over a place to sleep.  If they didn't have =
that constant stress occupying them and consuming a part of their lives =
they could have more time to organize their lives and affairs.  They =
shouldn't have to worry over a place to rest and nurture themselves.  =
It's hard to go forward when there is constantly something dragging you =
back, pulling your chains.

Where would it end indeed.  Maybe the guy is in touch with reality after =
all.  Maybe he knows the volumes of people who might appear as an =
alternative to their present situations.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C07A28.D3F36C80

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I meant to say "if a church or churches owned some =
property=20
(vacant lot, etc.) in the city" (not city "owned" =
property.)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I also have to say that it is really sorrowful that=20
these&nbsp;people even have to bother with battling over a place to =
sleep.&nbsp;=20
If they didn't have that constant stress occupying them and consuming a =
part of=20
their&nbsp;lives they could have more time to organize their lives and=20
affairs.&nbsp; They shouldn't have to worry over a place to rest and =
nurture=20
themselves.&nbsp; It's hard to go forward when there is&nbsp;constantly=20
something dragging you back, pulling your chains.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Where would it end indeed.&nbsp; Maybe the guy is in =
touch=20
with reality after all.&nbsp; Maybe he knows the volumes of people who =
might=20
appear as an alternative to their present situations.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>