[Hpn] hello to Elijah (and Solutions/ThinkTanks)

elijah huffman hobo_poet@hotmail.com
Mon, 08 Jan 2001 14:49:04 -0500

<P>I told lucinda, in what I beleive to be, a one on one e-mail, that I would post one of my 'Homeless' poems, and since this response, if I did it right , goes to all, I will post it now,along with my pen name&nbsp;I use for my writings</P>
<P align=center>Elijah</P>
<P align=center>Dusty Park bench</P>
<P align=center>Sitting here on, a dusty park bench, my bedroll at my feet</P>
<P align=center>The world it has, me in a clinch, my life seems, so incomplete,</P>
<P align=center>and I don't know how, to tell you just why, this emptiness, I do feel</P>
<P align=center>I guess it's because, the worlds' love's gone dry, and it's to you, I do, appeal</P>
<P align=center>For it hurts, when you've, been kicked around, It seems you have, nowhere, to turn</P>
<P align=center>While many others, at you look down, It's for acceptance, that I, do yearn</P>
<P align=center>While hitch-hiking, cars, at 55, go by, and through fear, some lock, their door</P>
<P align=center>Fear is like hate, makes me tend to cry, and society, to abhor</P>
<P align=center>Christ said to be sister, and brother, brother and sister, can't you see</P>
<P align=center>You're not in his family, but another, if you can't love one, such as me</P>
<P align=center>For I've dropped, out, of this world of spite, searching for one that is true</P>
<P align=center>Hoping to find it, any day or night, when Christ does, his kingdom, renew</P>
<P align=left>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;White buffalo</P>
<P align=left>Copywrite 'honor system' <BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Harmony Foster Kieding" <FOSTERHARMONY@SAVETHISPLANET.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: fosterharmony@savethisplanet.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: hpn@lists.is.asu.edu
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Hpn] hello to Elijah (and Solutions/ThinkTanks)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 04:01:59 -0800
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Elijah,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Am very happy to see your energy and ideas here on this mailing list-welcome!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;First of all, a creative "think tank" would be great. It is what I have wanted
<DIV></DIV>&gt;for a long time, and it so much needed. We need creative, alternative solutions.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;There's been a lot of feelings stirred up in here lately. I guess it's normal
<DIV></DIV>&gt;in human interactions...BUT...if we could all just allow for the possibility
<DIV></DIV>&gt;that there may be more than one approach to a problem, then some of the tension
<DIV></DIV>&gt;and friction may ease up.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;For me, there is no problem with differing opinions. We're always going to have
<DIV></DIV>&gt;them, all of us. For me it's more a matter of what makes the best atmosphere
<DIV></DIV>&gt;to work and communicate in, and when put that way, mutual respect and politeness
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"work". When we are polite and respectful, we can let our "guard" down and our
<DIV></DIV>&gt;creative thinking is freed up to come up with solutions. Because we need solutions
<DIV></DIV>&gt;here. Obviously society has pretty much come to an impasse with how to address
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the "problem" of us.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;In an earlier email, I mentioned the "horrible" rite of passage of being homeless.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Well, now I really want to emend that statement, and change "horrible" to read
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"potential" rite of passage. Because we are also what we can get and make from
<DIV></DIV>&gt;our experiences. There is something about being out on the street that can bring
<DIV></DIV>&gt;out the most resourceful side of a human being. We can see possibilities in
<DIV></DIV>&gt;things that others may not even be aware of.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;As far as "think tank" stuff goes, I have had some experience with holographic
<DIV></DIV>&gt;solution solving. It uses whole consciousness to arrive at solutions that may
<DIV></DIV>&gt;not have been possible just going from point A to point B and back again. (Am
<DIV></DIV>&gt;thinking of Michael Talbot's "Holographic Universe" here).
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Balance is so important. There is a time to be independent and a time to ask
<DIV></DIV>&gt;for help. Remember..it is possible to repay help and kindness! That's what happened
<DIV></DIV>&gt;with me and my husband. I was accused of "panhandling" when I mentioned here
<DIV></DIV>&gt;in hpn that I had received help from my friends on the Internet. The "Fair
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Witness" would have me mention that I was able to repay many by, for example,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;making them a homepage. In other cases, they were simply repaying me for a kindness
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I had done them in their time of need. Things do have a way of evening out.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;The Holographic Solution Circle/Circle of Life is a circle which includes all
<DIV></DIV>&gt;people, all places, all times, all ideas, all cultures, all life forms- everything
<DIV></DIV>&gt;that is, was, and will be. It is a circle of interconnectedness in which we
<DIV></DIV>&gt;discover all that relates us to one another.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;In this way of seeing things..the "Problem" and the "Solution" are not seen
<DIV></DIV>&gt;as separate entities miles apart from one another. Instead, in holographic thinking,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the "Problem" becomes the tip of a "Greater Solution" waiting to emerge.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;New lines of possible solutions open up. We explore everything from the most
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ideal solution, to what is expected in "practical" terms, to unlooked for help,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;contacts, and resources. The "Either/Or" approach diminishes as we realize that
<DIV></DIV>&gt;we can actually actually achieve more than we thought possible.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Harmony
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Harmony's Homepage
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7076/frames.html
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Homeless Resources and Humanitarian Causes
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7076/causes.html
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;