[Hpn] re, elijah huffman

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 22:01:19 -0800

and it totally embarrased you but in the face of that (all you can do is =
laugh right???) you somehow kept a shred of self respect and kept your =
eye on the goal.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: bill.cannon <bill.cannon@btinternet.com>
  To: hpn@lists.is.asu.edu <hpn@lists.is.asu.edu>
  Date: Sunday, January 07, 2001 8:25 PM
  Subject: [Hpn] re, elijah huffman

  Hi I still havent worked out how to operate this properly is it =
possible to respond to one message? anyway elijah although I now have a =
flat I feel isolated over here there are sayings like once a thief =
always a thief and so on.although I'm not a thief the same attitude =
seems to apply to homeless people, this is one of the things about =
homeless people going into their own accomodation that is never =
discussed before hand. I dont look or act differently from anyone else =
in society yet my neighbors know I was homeless and treat me as if I =
have some sort of disease. This is one aspect I am trying to fight but =
alone it's difficult I dont care what the differences are between =
countries homelessness is the same where ever you go. If you get a =
website please let me know the url so I can pay a visit. Bill

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C078F5.5D75DD60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 =
Transitional//EN">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi Bill,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I Also had this problem when I first came on =
list.&nbsp; I=20
didn't understand the instructions either and had to keep =
asking.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>When you want to respond to a message, you just =
click on=20
it will=20
have the name of the person who wrote the message that you want to =
respond to,=20
as if you were mailing them back.&nbsp; Click on that area, use =
backspace, and=20
get rid of that name.&nbsp; In place of it type in the hpn =
address.&nbsp; I have=20
the address stored in my address book in Outlook Express and I just have =
to type=20
in an "h" and the rest fills in by itself.&nbsp; Type your=20
message/answer/response then press "send".&nbsp; It will got to hpn and=20
subscribers email boxes only once.&nbsp; And when you want to send a =
private=20
email to another member, you just leave their name in place, and it will =
not be=20
in the view of the group.. unless someone cuts and pastes your words (so =
keep=20
them short and sweet) or unless you're a dumb a** like me and you =
unconsciously=20
put hpn on the send portion of your private email and it totally =
embarrased you=20
but in the face of that (all you can do is laugh right???) you somehow =
kept a=20
shred of self respect and kept your eye on the goal.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><B>-----Original =
Message-----</B><BR><B>From:=20
  </B>bill.cannon &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:bill.cannon@btinternet.com">bill.cannon@btinternet.com</A>=
&gt;<BR><B>To:=20
  </B><A href=3D"mailto:hpn@lists.is.asu.edu">hpn@lists.is.asu.edu</A> =
&lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:hpn@lists.is.asu.edu">hpn@lists.is.asu.edu</A>&gt;<BR><B>D=
ate:=20
  </B>Sunday, January 07, 2001 8:25 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>[Hpn] re, =
elijah=20
  huffman<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi I still havent worked out how to =
operate this=20
  properly is it possible to respond to one message? anyway elijah =
although I=20
  now have a flat I feel isolated over here there are sayings like once =
a thief=20
  always a thief and so on.although I'm not a thief the same attitude =
seems to=20
  apply to homeless people, this is one of the things about homeless =
people=20
  going into their own accomodation that is never discussed before hand. =
I dont=20
  look or act differently from anyone else in society yet my neighbors =
know I=20
  was homeless and treat me as if I have some sort of disease. This is =
one=20
  aspect I am trying to fight but alone it's difficult I dont care what =
the=20
  differences are between countries homelessness is the same where ever =
you go.=20
  If you get a website please let me know the url so I can pay a visit.=20
  Bill</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C078F5.5D75DD60--