[Hpn] please read and respond

elijah huffman hobo_poet@hotmail.com
Sun, 07 Jan 2001 22:56:05 -0500

<DIV>
<DIV>Bill I just&nbsp;Joined 'Hpn" and today receieved 21 e-mails in my bulk mail&nbsp; &nbsp;Out of all of them all, it was yours I had to respond to, and your E-mail address I put in my address book, not to say, mind you that none of the others weren't 'worthy' its just that with your readiness to drop out of the site,and what I read from you, I had to get in touch with you.I felt we may be 'kindred spirits'</DIV>
<DIV>You see,&nbsp; I feel your pain, well maybe not yours, but boy do I feel pain. I was tempted to send you a copy of an e-mail, that I wrote to a friend that has been until recently working for the washington D.C. government doing emergency&nbsp;pscyciatric outreach.(it was probably the longest distance outreach he did) &nbsp;He also would take around blankets in the winter along with bag lunches and conversation. Anyway he quit, in order to join with the catholic workers (although he happens to be jewish), so he could work more for the homeless.. he then got me to get with the catholic workers&nbsp;( I had been on the streets, and was trying to get something started that was by the homeless, and for the world) and said I would be able to get something started using the workers farm in Wva. as a base. Then he left the catholic workers to do things on his own, in the waly he thought they should be done</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;Well to get to the point , things happened and I gave up hope, I was ready to trash the computers, scanners printers the hole 9 yards that I had slowly collected&nbsp;from dumpster diving whie in D.C., and stored in&nbsp;a friends moms' garage,and brought here with me( everything took up a van) .Any way I was ready to hit the roal with nothing but my sleeping gear, and guitar. ready to give it up, and just worry about myself, but had no Idea where to go.&nbsp; the only thing I could come up with, was to just leave the farm until both bad ankles gave out( I would have probably made it for maybe a mile.Pull off in the woods at that point where no one would be able to see me, lay down and sleep and maybe sleep some more, and if I couldn't come up with direction, I guess I would have gone to sleep again. &nbsp;I had lost all hope I didn't care or have anything to care about any more, as my life(besides immediate survival, has been to work on making things right.But he gone me back on track and I'm trying again</DIV>
<DIV>anyway bill I felt that you to wanted to see changes. had no hope in the present system.and was very frustrated because no mater how hard you try, it seems your hands are tied. If thats the case don't give up, .As my friend told me in his response to my e-mail&nbsp; (He&nbsp;responded with a one and a half hour phone call) &nbsp;"we have both been in this for a long time and so many times i've wanted to give up, If you give up then I have to give up, as there will seem to be no one else that's really trying for change&nbsp; Unless that change brings them profit or makes them important in the eyes of society</DIV>
<DIV>Anyway Bill, I hope you are reading this, as I am working on developing a website that is devoted towards change, many types of change, economic and otherwise.and I am going to need folk that see through the bull---- , and although I have a broad specrum of ideas, I need people that can help fill in the details, so to speak, and also to provide more ideas.You see, I realise that even with a website, I can't change anything, It has to be done by "us"</DIV>
<DIV>Let me&nbsp;briefly describe the website.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1:&nbsp; It will be a think tank(s)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>2:&nbsp; It is intended to showcase the talent of the homeless, although It is not intended to be</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; totally about the homeless, or homelessness.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>3:&nbsp; It is intended to be a place to voice complaints about any so called servece provider or&nbsp;any charity for that matter.&nbsp; to question their money in vs their help given&nbsp;( I personaly feel that the&nbsp;continual existance of these organizations after so manyand after all the moneys that they have received proves that they don't work, for if they did, there should no longer be a need for them</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>4:&nbsp; To also be a place for people to blow the wistle on any government organization, or official</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>5: since in this country, you don't hear about the small guy running for office, only about the multimilianaire.Nor does the small guy have much chance of getting enough signatures to get on the ballot, I want part of the site devoted to establishing a 'political candidates' site, In the hopes of not only giving the small guy a chance,but to hopefully take the politics out of the hands of the 'rich for the richer', and into the hands of the folk that want a better, fairer world</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>6:&nbsp; It's to work on economic change, starting with showing ways to help the homeless, towards haveing an earned income, and being self or co-operatively employed, let's face it the 'get a job programs', mostly benifet the person the homeless, or other impoverised, go to work for</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;There are many things that the site is hoped to work on, but this has been a long e-mail, and </DIV>
<DIV>I hope you already have a slight Idea. plus the fact that, if you have no interest so far, you will have the same lack of interest with the rest</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>