[Hpn] Hostel

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:18:16 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C078A3.EA0B8600

I remember a hostel in Tucson, Arizona, back in the 80's.  A lot of my =
acquaintences lived there.  I peeked around and in one room there were 4 =
bunk beds.. one was Sam's bed.  I remember another area where Jessie and =
another friend shared quarters, then there was Sweet Pea and her mother =
who had lived there for a while.  They had thier own area.  I was told =
the rent was $7 a night to stay by night.  The owner/manager had his own =
private room, a small one.
It is no longer a hostel as the bar next to it bought it and is using it =
for their own purposes.=20
It was two stories and residents could come and go as they pleased (like =
live their own lives.. so if they wanted to socialize at a bar and come =
home at midnight it was nobody's concern).  The guys all worked.. low =
paying jobs mostly because those were the most available, and they made =
do.
Jessie later moved to California, married, and was doing well.
The hostel served these people for a time and it was great because it =
was there and it was a means.  I believe they had a common kitchen and =
bathrooms.
It would be great if there were more hostels in every city and there =
were rates like those in the 80's (wouldn't $7 a night be pretty good?  =
I believe they had weekly and two week rates too, so you could work with =
what ya got).

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C078A3.EA0B8600

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I remember a hostel in Tucson, Arizona, back in the=20
80's.&nbsp; A lot of my acquaintences lived there.&nbsp; I peeked around =
and in=20
one room there were 4 bunk beds.. one was Sam's bed.&nbsp; I remember =
another=20
area where Jessie and another friend shared quarters, then there was =
Sweet Pea=20
and her mother who had lived there for a while.&nbsp; They had thier own =

area.&nbsp; I was told the rent was $7 a night to stay by night.&nbsp; =
The=20
owner/manager had his own private room, a small one.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It is no longer a hostel as the bar next to it =
bought it and=20
is using it for their own purposes.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It was two stories and residents could come and go =
as they=20
pleased (like live their own lives.. so if they wanted to socialize at a =
bar and=20
come home at midnight it was nobody's concern).&nbsp; The guys all =
worked.. low=20
paying jobs mostly because those were the most available, and they made=20
do.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Jessie later moved to California, married, and was =
doing=20
well.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The hostel served these people for a time and it was =
great=20
because it was there and it was a means.&nbsp; I believe they had a =
common=20
kitchen and bathrooms.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It would be great if there were more hostels in =
every city and=20
there were rates like those in the 80's (wouldn't $7 a night be pretty=20
good?&nbsp; I believe they had weekly and two week rates too, so you =
could work=20
with what ya got).</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C078A3.EA0B8600--