[Hpn] re how do they get away with it

bill.cannon bill.cannon@btinternet.com
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 17:43:33 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C078D1.5AA90C20

Just read an article, We too have a mag over here which homeless people =
sell the idea of people selling something like this to help the upkeep =
of some sort of hostel or night shelter might not be a bad Idea over =
here as there are so many hostels where I live is unbelievable. I do not =
want to have a go at the salvation army in other fields I suppose they =
do a good job. But in bristol uk the rents they charge are rediculous =
when you think the average charge for council accomodation is =A3 30 per =
week for a single person. they charge just short of =A3200 a week I know =
that food is supplied but that would mean that a single person would =
have to spend =A3170 a week for food they dont even get that on income =
support (money paid by the state)   I feel that it is the main charity =
organisations like the salvation army that is exploiting the situation =
here in england. and the smaller ones like night shelters are having to =
cope with donations. Just a thought years ago the salvation army hostels =
were called 'Working mens hostels' What single working man could afford =
to live in one now a days. Bill. Please note I am in no way saying that =
the Salvation Army do not do a good job in other areas I just feel and =
from observations that in the field of homelessness they are exploiting =
the homeless situation. They are not the only ones either other big =
charities do the same thing here in bristol uk. How do they get away =
with it ?

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C078D1.5AA90C20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just read&nbsp;an article, We too have =
a mag over=20
here which homeless people sell the idea of people selling something =
like this=20
to help the upkeep of some sort of hostel or night shelter might not be =
a bad=20
Idea over here as there are so many hostels where I live is =
unbelievable. I do=20
not want to have a go at the salvation army in other fields I suppose =
they do a=20
good job. But in bristol uk the rents they charge are rediculous when =
you think=20
the average charge for council accomodation is =A3 30 per week for a =
single=20
person. they charge just short of =A3200 a week I know that food is =
supplied but=20
that would mean that a single person would have to spend =A3170 a week =
for food=20
they dont even get that on income support (money paid by the =
state)&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
I feel that it is the main&nbsp;charity organisations like the salvation =
army=20
that is exploiting the situation here in england. and the smaller ones =
like=20
night shelters are having to cope with donations. Just a thought years =
ago the=20
salvation army hostels were called 'Working mens hostels' What single =
working=20
man could afford to live in one now a days. Bill. Please note I am in no =
way=20
saying that the Salvation Army do not do a good job in other areas I =
just feel=20
and from observations that in the field of homelessness they are =
exploiting the=20
homeless situation. They are not the only ones either other big =
charities do the=20
same thing here in bristol uk. How do they get away with it=20
?</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C078D1.5AA90C20--