[Hpn] a coupla thoughts

Harmony Foster Kieding fosterharmony@savethisplanet.com
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 05:59:56 -0800

This morning  I was waking up and talking with my husband, Bjørn-Tore. We were
talking about ideas for world peace...such as trying new tactics in the peace
negotiations between the Israelis and the Palestinians, for instance. What would
happen if they just scratched each other's backs?
Well, the tone of politics was set...and then I found myself searching for a
phrase to describe a situation. I wanted to say something like "He's a few bricks
short of a load", but the only thing that came to mind was "he's a few votes
short of a Prez".
************
Which then led to an idea for a new "Free Donation Site", which will be called
"Race For the Brain forest".
Ok, ok...so I haven't been talking about homelessness (I have sinned! I have
sinned!).. so I just want to throw in an addition to what I said yesterday about
homelessness being a "rite of passage" in some kind of way. And that is...that
once having been homeless..so far it hasn't been possible for me to view society
and my place in it in the same old way. And I'm not sure I want to go back to
it, either.
I have to re-imagine and re-work a "society" in which everyone has a place and
dignity.

Harmony