[Hpn] Winter shelter

john macpherson nyceguy50@yahoo.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 12:30:44 -0800 (PST)

I have my specified policies that were set up six
years ago under our first Freeze Shelter operation in
Austin Texas that is outside of the Salvation Army.
You may be refused shelter if you violate the rights
of others in the shelter or those that support this
service.  I prohibit no one for any other known
reasons and this rule is enforced by the participants.
 Our other rules are out of fairness and protection of
church property or the protection of others.  There is
no sign in sheet or mandate for ID.  We open only when
the temperature is expected to reach Freezing or
chance of sleet, snow. We offer two meals and operate
for 12 hours per night with a primary support team of
six volunteers and support of an added twenty
volunteers, other locations do have sign in and
curfew. Primary volunteers are paired to set and
maintain policies for the given location and we try to
keep them uniform within the guidelines of the church rules.