[Hpn] looking for suggestions

JDOJ1@aol.com JDOJ1@aol.com
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 07:58:46 EST

--part1_97.f5164cd.27832a86_boundary

i am considering removing myself off this list . yesterday i asked for a
suggestion and since then this has gotten way off of base. i was called a
beggar. i am not a beggar. not once when i was on the street did i ask for a
dime.  all i am trying to do is empower homeless and formerly homeless people
to stand up and make a difference in their lives. that is what we need. we
need homeless people to stand up and make a difference in their lives. if we
had a million houses for people to live in and homeless people didnt believe
in their selves enough to take advantage of them then we have lost the
battle. shelters on a whole want to control what people do so they can
continiue recieving funding . i for one want to break that chain by
empowering them to get up and make a difference for thierselves. that is the
only way we will ever end homeless is by empowering those who are homeless. i
have been off the street for almost 6 years and if it hadnt been for other
people empowering me i would still be there .
have a nice day
good luck
doug

--part1_97.f5164cd.27832a86_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  COLOR="#004080" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Georgia" LANG="0"><B>i am considering removing myself off this list . yesterday i asked for a <BR>suggestion and since then this has gotten way off of base. i was called a <BR>beggar. i am not a beggar. not once when i was on the street did i ask for a <BR>dime. &nbsp;all i am trying to do is empower homeless and formerly homeless people <BR>to stand up and make a difference in their lives. that is what we need. we <BR>need homeless people to stand up and make a difference in their lives. if we <BR>had a million houses for people to live in and homeless people didnt believe <BR>in their selves enough to take advantage of them then we have lost the <BR>battle. shelters on a whole want to control what people do so they can <BR>continiue recieving funding . i for one want to break that chain by <BR>empowering them to get up and make a difference for thierselves. that is the <BR>only way we will ev!
er end homeless is by empowering those who are homeless. i <BR>have been off the street for almost 6 years and if it hadnt been for other <BR>people empowering me i would still be there .
<BR>have a nice day
<BR>good luck
<BR>doug</B></FONT></HTML>

--part1_97.f5164cd.27832a86_boundary--