[Hpn] If I Could Change Culture I'd Do It For You

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:58:22 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C09DA9.10F06E00

IF I COULD CHANGE CULTURE, I'D DO IT FOR YOU

Lucinda Houston

I was just 14 when I layed eyes on you, precious.

Little boy, just a baby boy, sitting in your child carrier.

You're just too little, to have that kind of pain, fear, and wonder in =
your eyes.

Yes, I can hear what they're saying and their evil attitude toward you.

You are just too little, precious baby boy.

You haven't much protection.

Your mama is white, but she doesn't care what they're saying, or if they =
torment you.  She was born in the wrong place, and made to understand =
that the scorn was due.

But it's hurting my heart, to look at you.

My God, you're an innocent loving baby.  I can't imagine what all you've =
suffered or what more punishment you have due.

But if I could change culture, my precious darling, it would be for you.

Written in regards to a baby boy I met in Arkansas who was being treated =
very poorly, because his skin was of color.  I was with some friend that =
had to drop by someones house, where I encountered this little hurting =
fellow.  It still brings tears to think about him.

Macro Society - =93New Directions For a New Millennium.=94

Empowerment to disadvantaged families and individuals gained through =
utilizing and maximizing our skills and resources both material and =
spiritual, with the aim of improving the quality of our lives.

Our humble doorway into the future www.macro-society.com

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C09DA9.10F06E00

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>IF I COULD CHANGE CULTURE, I'D DO IT FOR YOU</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Lucinda Houston</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I was just 14 when I layed eyes on you, precious.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Little boy, just a baby boy, sitting in your child carrier.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You're just too little, to have that kind of&nbsp;pain, fear, and =
wonder in=20
your eyes.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Yes, I can hear what they're saying and their evil attitude toward=20
you.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You are just too little, precious baby boy.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You haven't much protection.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Your mama is white, but she doesn't care what they're saying, or if =
they=20
torment you.&nbsp; She was born in the wrong place, and made to =
understand that=20
the scorn was due.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But it's hurting my heart, to look at you.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My God, you're an innocent loving baby.&nbsp; I can't imagine what =
all=20
you've suffered or what more punishment you have due.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But if I could change culture, my precious darling,&nbsp;it would =
be for=20
you.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Written in regards to a baby boy I met in Arkansas who was being =
treated=20
very poorly, because his skin was of color.&nbsp; I was with some friend =
that=20
had to drop by someones house, where I encountered this little hurting=20
fellow.&nbsp; It still brings tears to think about him.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Macro Society - =93New Directions For a New Millennium.=94</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Empowerment to disadvantaged families and individuals gained =
through=20
utilizing and maximizing our skills and resources both material and =
spiritual,=20
with the aim of improving the quality of our lives.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Our humble doorway into the future <A=20
href=3D"http://www.macro-society.com">www.macro-society.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C09DA9.10F06E00--