[Hpn] Homeless & Poverty Sticken Pagans

Aariadne SpiderLady Aariadne@interactive.rogers.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:52:06 -0500 (EST)

Hey all
I'm currently building a website dedicated to Wica & neo-Paganism, but I
want to give it angles that other sites don't have.
I've been intermittently homeless for ten years and I've also practised
Wicca.  If any homeless or formerly homeless Pagans want to share your
stories I'd be glad to post the on my website. I won't use your real
names if you prefer to remain anonymous. I'm not just looking for
Wiccans but Native Spiritualists, neo_pagans, & other followers ov
non-traditional faiths.
I'm looking for responses ov various kinds, but here are some general
questions:
1. Did being homeless affect your sense ov spirituality? Positively or
negatively?
2. Have you ever been made to leave a shelter or drop-in for wearing a
Pagan symbol such as  pentacle or ankh?
3. Are/were you openly Pagan?
4. What were/are some ov the more valueable lessons you've learned from
poverty and homelessness? (ie, empathy, compassion, self-respect, etc)
5. In what way do you respond to Born-Agains who try to "save" you?
6. Add anything else you like.

I'm really looking forward to hearing from as many people as possible.
Forward this message to other lists if you like.

SAVE FREAKYLINKS!: http://freakylinks.myqth.com
Weaving Webs Mail List
http://yahoogroups.com/group/WeavingWebs
Goddess grant me the stubborness to resist the things I cannot change;
the laziness to accept the things I can, and enough wine and beer to
endlessly debate the difference between the two.