[Hpn] Re: SEATTLE TENT VILLAGE - BBC reports on homeless people's struggle (fwd)

Tent City tentcitypdx@yahoo.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:57:14 -0800 (PST)

Tom Boland, don't know who you are or how you found
our site, but much thanks for all the information you
and your news service send. Jack Tafari.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_1173000/1173462.stm

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com:80/cgi-bin/texis/web/vortex/display?sl
> ug=homeless12m&date=20010212
> FWD  Seattle Times - Local News : Monday, February
> 12, 2001
>      TENT VILLAGE LIVES ON DESPITE CITY'S EFFORTS
>      By Beth Kaiman - Seattle Times staff reporter
> "But despite the increase in the city's spending on
> homelessness, John Fox
> of the Seattle Displacement Coalition says officials
> should hardly be
> congratulated. City government, he said, is directly
> responsible for growth
> policies that wiped out thousands of cheap
> apartments downtown."

http://newsfinder.arinet.com/fpweb/fp.dll/$stargeneral/htm/x_dv.htm/_ibyx/cg0302

6/_itox/starnet/_svc/news/_Id/702656280/_k/bvpIkcKGTv11WJnM
> FWD  Associated Press - AP Wire Service - Feb 13
> 2001
> SEATTLE HOMELESS SPENDING DOUBLES; POPULATION
> REMAINS SAME

http://newsfinder.arinet.com/fpweb/fp.dll/$stargeneral/htm/x_dv.htm/_ibyx/cg0302

6/_itox/starnet/_svc/news/_Id/697863123/_k/cn27wlRQ88CVp5ss
> FWD  Associated Press - AP Wire Service - Jan 16,
> 2001
> HOMELESS IN SEATTLE MOVE TENTS TO CITY PARK

=== message truncated ===

=====
Tent City/Streetroots,
For those who can't afford free speech