[Hpn] It's not just what you say..

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:44:58 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C09A69.630E50A0

but the way you say it, that leads the mind.  His words were spoken out =
of pure ignorance and hate if you ask me.  At least that's the way an =
Arkie like me might put it.
Lucinda
So let's challenge him to speak a little better and to have a little =
more regard for other human beings by watching what he says and the way =
he says it so we don't get the wrong idea.

Message: 7
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:14:30 -0800 (PST)
To: "HOMELESS PEOPLE'S NETWORK list" <HPN@lists.is.asu.edu>
From: Tom Boland <wgcp@earthlink.net>
Subject: [Hpn] Faith-Based Funding for the KKK? (fwd)

Independent Media Center content is COPYRIGHT-FREE
to nongovernment & noncommercial outlets:

FWD  http://chicago.indymedia.org/display.php3?article_id=3D1176

PREACHING LITERACY TO THE CONVERTED: BUSH MAKES KNOWN HIS PLAN

by SandPaper - 10:27pm Thu Feb 8 2001

(summary)
Early this month, newly-anointed President George W.
Bush revealed a new initiative aimed at destroying what
he called the "epidermis of illiteracy infecting the
nation." Called Faithful Families in Karing Kommunities
Kreate (FFinKKK) , the plan will be administered by the
controversial White House Office of Faith-Based and
Community Initiatives.

Early this month, newly-anointed President George W. Bush revealed a new
initiative aimed at destroying what he called the "epidermis of =
illiteracy
infecting the nation." The newly-funded literacy program, which will
receive $30 million in federal funds in its first two weeks, will be =
called
Faithful Families in Karing Kommunities Kreate (FFinKKK). This bold new
world of learning will be administered by the controversial White House
Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.

President Bush, appearing at the National Prayer Breakfast at the posh
Hilton Hotel in the nation's capitol, spoke about his desire to see
illiteracy in America eviscerated by the end of his two terms.

"I feel that I am doing the right thing, by creating Faithful Families =
in
Karing Kommunities Kreate," said President Bush. "I did a pretty good =
job
in school, and find myself reading the Bible whenever I feel blue. I =
feel
the Bible is the best learning text for the adult illitirate. The Bible
speaks truths to everybody, Christian, Jew, Muslim, or undecided." He
added, "I did a pretty good job when it came to picking my wife, by the
way."

The rabble-rousing American Civil Liberties Union today said that =
President
Bush's new literacy initiative to give tax dollars to religious
organizations for literacy services would lead to discrimination in
employment and services, and a dangerous loosening of licensing and
standards for providers of social services.

"Poppycock," said the President. "Every President since the first one I =
can
remember, Dwight Eisenhower, has taken part in this great tradition. As =
the
Book of James reminds us, fresh water and salt water cannot flow from =
the
same spring."

Asked by faith-based journalists what other texts might fill the =
curriculum
of FFinKK, Bush alluded to the possibility that he couldn't say exactly.
"There's so many books out there, and magazines, too. I've read the
collected works of Pat Robertson, and enjoyed the Limbaugh stuff. But we
want to be inclusive, no faith or national origin ought to be singled =
out
for special privileges. So we're looking at some of the important =
imported
texts from Germany, real good books by a spiritual leader with direct
relevance for today's homeless, desperate illiterate. Has anybody read
Goebbels? I think he speaks directly to families learning together."

Leftist agitators, who had infiltrated the National Prayer Breakfast by
wearing the bland, grey outfits so revered by the beloved communities of
America, were escorted to a nearby school-bus, a temporary holding zone =
for
illegal agitators.

"All those leftists ever talk is 'Paulo Friere this, Paulo Friere that,'
said Stephen Goldsmith, now a special advisor to President Bush. =
Goldsmith,
who started the nation's first government-funded, faith-based programs
while mayor of Indianapolis, will give the benediction at the opening
Faithful Families in Karing Kommunities Kreate service.

Taxpayers for a New Tomorrow commended the President's generous funding =
for
the literacy project, noting that the initial $30 million outlay will =
cover
printing costs for quite a few Bibles and other essential texts.

Bush closed the National Prayer Breakfast with a rousing call to =
America's
compassionate armies. "No matter what our background, in litiracy =
efforts
both educators and participants share something universal - a desire to
speak and listen to our Maker, and to know His plan for our lives."

ADD YOUR COMMENTS [about this SATIRE] at the Chicago IMC site:
http://chicago.indymedia.org/comment.php3?top_id=3D1176

END FORWARD

Visit HPN for CONSTANTLY UPDATING NEWS on Homeless People:

Over 10,000 articles by or via homeless & ex-homeless people
Been Homeless? Then JOIN! EMAIL Tom Boland <wgcp@earthlink.net>

Macro Society - =93New Directions For a New Millennium.=94

Empowerment to disadvantaged families and individuals gained through =
utilizing and maximizing our skills and resources both material and =
spiritual, with the aim of improving the quality of our lives.

Our humble doorway into the future www.macro-society.com

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C09A69.630E50A0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>but the way you say it, that leads the mind.&nbsp;&nbsp;His words =
were=20
spoken out of pure ignorance and hate if you ask me.&nbsp; At least =
that's the=20
way an Arkie like me might put it.</DIV>
<DIV>Lucinda</DIV>
<DIV>So let's challenge him to speak a little better and to have a =
little more=20
regard for other human beings by watching what he says and the way he =
says it so=20
we don't get the wrong idea.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Message: 7<BR>Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:14:30 -0800 (PST)<BR>To: =
"HOMELESS=20
PEOPLE'S NETWORK list" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:HPN@lists.is.asu.edu">HPN@lists.is.asu.edu</A>&gt;<BR>From=
: Tom=20
Boland &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:wgcp@earthlink.net">wgcp@earthlink.net</A>&gt;<BR>Subject:=
 [Hpn]=20
Faith-Based Funding for the KKK? (fwd)<BR><BR>Independent Media Center =
content=20
is COPYRIGHT-FREE<BR>to nongovernment &amp; noncommercial=20
outlets:<BR><BR>FWD&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"http://chicago.indymedia.org/display.php3?article_id=3D1176">http=
://chicago.indymedia.org/display.php3?article_id=3D1176</A><BR><BR>PREACH=
ING=20
LITERACY TO THE CONVERTED: BUSH MAKES KNOWN HIS PLAN<BR><BR>by SandPaper =
-=20
10:27pm Thu Feb 8 2001<BR><BR>(summary)<BR>Early this month, =
newly-anointed=20
President George W.<BR>Bush revealed a new initiative aimed at =
destroying=20
what<BR>he called the "epidermis of illiteracy infecting the<BR>nation." =
Called=20
Faithful Families in Karing Kommunities<BR>Kreate (FFinKKK) , the plan =
will be=20
administered by the<BR>controversial White House Office of Faith-Based=20
and<BR>Community Initiatives.<BR><BR>Early this month, newly-anointed =
President=20
George W. Bush revealed a new<BR>initiative aimed at destroying what he =
called=20
the "epidermis of illiteracy<BR>infecting the nation." The newly-funded =
literacy=20
program, which will<BR>receive $30 million in federal funds in its first =
two=20
weeks, will be called<BR>Faithful Families in Karing Kommunities Kreate=20
(FFinKKK). This bold new<BR>world of learning will be administered by =
the=20
controversial White House<BR>Office of Faith-Based and Community=20
Initiatives.<BR><BR>President Bush, appearing at the National Prayer =
Breakfast=20
at the posh<BR>Hilton Hotel in the nation's capitol, spoke about his =
desire to=20
see<BR>illiteracy in America eviscerated by the end of his two =
terms.<BR><BR>"I=20
feel that I am doing the right thing, by creating Faithful Families =
in<BR>Karing=20
Kommunities Kreate," said President Bush. "I did a pretty good job<BR>in =
school,=20
and find myself reading the Bible whenever I feel blue. I feel<BR>the =
Bible is=20
the best learning text for the adult illitirate. The Bible<BR>speaks =
truths to=20
everybody, Christian, Jew, Muslim, or undecided." He<BR>added, "I did a =
pretty=20
good job when it came to picking my wife, by the<BR>way."<BR><BR>The=20
rabble-rousing American Civil Liberties Union today said that=20
President<BR>Bush's new literacy initiative to give tax dollars to=20
religious<BR>organizations for literacy services would lead to =
discrimination=20
in<BR>employment and services, and a dangerous loosening of licensing=20
and<BR>standards for providers of social services.<BR><BR>"Poppycock," =
said the=20
President. "Every President since the first one I can<BR>remember, =
Dwight=20
Eisenhower, has taken part in this great tradition. As the<BR>Book of =
James=20
reminds us, fresh water and salt water cannot flow from the<BR>same=20
spring."<BR><BR>Asked by faith-based journalists what other texts might =
fill the=20
curriculum<BR>of FFinKK, Bush alluded to the possibility that he =
couldn't say=20
exactly.<BR>"There's so many books out there, and magazines, too. I've =
read=20
the<BR>collected works of Pat Robertson, and enjoyed the Limbaugh stuff. =
But=20
we<BR>want to be inclusive, no faith or national origin ought to be =
singled=20
out<BR>for special privileges. So we're looking at some of the important =

imported<BR>texts from Germany, real good books by a spiritual leader =
with=20
direct<BR>relevance for today's homeless, desperate illiterate. Has =
anybody=20
read<BR>Goebbels? I think he speaks directly to families learning=20
together."<BR><BR>Leftist agitators, who had infiltrated the National =
Prayer=20
Breakfast by<BR>wearing the bland, grey outfits so revered by the =
beloved=20
communities of<BR>America, were escorted to a nearby school-bus, a =
temporary=20
holding zone for<BR>illegal agitators.<BR><BR>"All those leftists ever =
talk is=20
'Paulo Friere this, Paulo Friere that,'<BR>said Stephen Goldsmith, now a =
special=20
advisor to President Bush. Goldsmith,<BR>who started the nation's first=20
government-funded, faith-based programs<BR>while mayor of Indianapolis, =
will=20
give the benediction at the opening<BR>Faithful Families in Karing =
Kommunities=20
Kreate service.<BR><BR>Taxpayers for a New Tomorrow commended the =
President's=20
generous funding for<BR>the literacy project, noting that the initial =
$30=20
million outlay will cover<BR>printing costs for quite a few Bibles and =
other=20
essential texts.<BR><BR>Bush closed the National Prayer Breakfast with a =
rousing=20
call to America's<BR>compassionate armies. "No matter what our =
background, in=20
litiracy efforts<BR>both educators and participants share something =
universal -=20
a desire to<BR>speak and listen to our Maker, and to know His plan for =
our=20
lives."<BR><BR>ADD YOUR COMMENTS [about this SATIRE] at the Chicago IMC=20
site:<BR>http://chicago.indymedia.org/comment.php3?top_id=3D1176<BR><BR>E=
ND=20
FORWARD<BR><BR><BR>Visit HPN for CONSTANTLY UPDATING NEWS on Homeless=20
People:<BR><BR>**********************************************************=
*****<BR>HOMELESS=20
10,000=20
articles by or via homeless &amp; ex-homeless people<BR>Open ARCHIVES=20
JOIN!=20
EMAIL Tom Boland &lt;wgcp@earthlink.net&gt;<BR>Nothing About Us Without =
Us -=20
Democratize Public=20
Policy<BR>***************************************************************=
<BR><BR><BR></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Macro Society - =93New Directions For a New Millennium.=94</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Empowerment to disadvantaged families and individuals gained =
through=20
utilizing and maximizing our skills and resources both material and =
spiritual,=20
with the aim of improving the quality of our lives.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Our humble doorway into the future <A=20
href=3D"http://www.macro-society.com">www.macro-society.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C09A69.630E50A0--