[Hpn] HELP! FNB Hoboken is in need of a stable location to carry out its activities.

Peter K. keculiak@hotmail.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:52:02 -0000

Food Not Bombs is a youth oriented group that believes society and
government should value human life over material wealth. Many problems in
the world stem from this crisis in values. By giving surplus food that would
otherwise go to waste to hungry people in public places, Food Not Bombs
directly addresses the level of hunger in this country. We also call
attention to our society's failure to support its own, while the government
and private sector both spend vast sums on instruments of war and violence.
We are committed to the use of non-violent means to change society. By
working today to create organizations that prefigure the society we
envision, we are building a vital and caring movement for progressive social
change.

Food Not Bombs - Hoboken is in need of a stable location to carry out its
activities. This includes meetings/food preparation on Friday nights and
reheating/cleaning on Saturday mornings. The group currently meets in the
back room of a pizzeria. The space is no longer large enough to contain our
meetings and often closes before we have completed our planning and
discussion. Each Saturday morning Food Not Bombs uses the kitchen of a local
college dormitory to cook food we have collected from donors. This kitchen
does not provide us with the necessary space for our cooking needs and is
not available as frequently as we need it to be.

Food Not Bombs is reaching out to ask your organization to consider lending
us use of your place of assembly. We require a space for meetings/food
preparation on Friday evenings from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. and use of the
kitchen for reheating/cleaning from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 on Saturday
mornings. We are willing to discuss with you the specifics of allowing us to
use your space and attempt to reach an arrangement that is amenable to all.
Thank you for your time and consideration and we look forward to hearing
from you.

Sincerely,
The Volunteers of Food Not Bombs - Hoboken

For more information contact the FNB Hoboken:
FNB Hoboken P.O.Box 713 Hoboken NJ 07030
foodnotbombs_hoboken@hotmail.com
http://www.go.to/fnb_hoboken