[Hpn] Re: Yes, John Lennon was a Macroite [Yahoo! Clubs: Macro Society Canadian Chapter]

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:08:05 -0800

Just to share.
Lucinda

-----Original Message-----
From: thea2150 <clubs-mail@yahoo-inc.com>
To: lucy@efn.org <lucy@efn.org>
Date: Saturday, December 16, 2000 7:54 AM
Subject: Yes, John Lennon was a Macroite [Yahoo! Clubs: Macro Society
Canadian Chapter]

In the very early 1970's I received a letter from John Lennon on pretty
stationery which one might have purchased at the local drug store. It
explained, among other things, that my books were the most important he had
ever read in his whole life.

I thought it was from someone who was not satisfied with his own life/name
and, thus, decided to adopt the identity of a very famous person. One day,
in the year that John Lennon would have had his 50th birthday, my assistant
of the past four years arrived at work so excited she could not put two
sentences together.

When she calmed down, she explained that she had just been listening to a
radio interview with John Lennon in which he said that my books were the
most important he had ever read. She thought he had also said that Imagine
was written as a confirmation of his agreement with Macro concepts.

That's the story!

Many of the people you have listed have become long time personal friends.
Other famous Macroites include the best selling financial writer, Doug
Casey, Chuck Norris, to name just a couple, and of course, the late, great
Theodore Sturgeon who attended many of our functions. I'll leave the
filling-in of the rest of the list to you, but I couldn't resist honoring a
few who came to mind.

Happy Holidays and a most healthy and prosperous 2001 to each of you! Thanks
for enriching my life with your presence.

With Macro Love,
Thea