[Hpn] Nomination Sought for Buddy Gray Award for Homeless Activism

Morgan W. Brown morganbrown@hotmail.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:08:20 -0500

As I stated in my earlier message to HPN regarding this subject, I do intend
to submit my own nomination of the Homeless Empowerment Project (HEP) in
Cambridge, MA. I will be doing this regardless of the ongoing discussion
taking place on HPN about the matter.

I respect what others are saying on the matter and respect their right to do
so.

That said, I still do believe that each of us has the right to do as we may
believe is best as the independent activists we each are in our own right
regarding this or anything else for that matter.

I will not follow the herd mentality -- no matter where it forms or how well
intended.

Speaking for myself, I personally believe that it is better to nominate the
HEP as a group in this case rather than just one sole individual even though
usually I would be making the opposite argument myself.

I have seen the HEP in action up close for myself and strongly believe that
they deserve this honor in this way. I think it would best honor each of the
many individuals who are part and whom contribute to the work of the HEP.

Everyone should do what they think is best of course as well.

Morgan