[Hpn] What *NOT* to do : was Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story!

Anitra Freeman anitra@speakeasy.org
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:23:32 -0800 (PST)

1) It is rude to send ANY attachment without asking if the recipient
wants it.

2) It is doubly rude to send large attachemtns to an email list of
low-income people who probably have older modems and/or have to pay for
their accounts by the time it spends downloading, or the size of the
files they get.

3) .exe files are the source of almost every known virus.  It is
MANY TIMES rude to send unsolicited .exe files.

4) People with Macintoshes, or who read their mail in Pine (the
text-only reader on a Unix server, that is used on most free library
terminals), can't use .exe files.  Which makes us immune to most know
viruses, but also means that sending us .exe files is just cluttering up
our time, our modem line and our inboxes.

5) You have sent this file out before and been told You Did a Bad
Thing.  That is why I am pulling no punches here.

We Are Not Amused.  Cut this shit out.

Write On! / Anitra L. Freeman / http://www.speakeasy.org/~anitra/
"We can't help everyone.  We can't fix everything.  It hurts.
 But it is better to live with pain than to live without caring."