[Hpn] Housing Plus Receives HUD Funding

elijah huffman hobo_poet@hotmail.com
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 02:35:45 -0500

Mr Covington sent the following information of which I only include a part
of

>>Pontiac, MI- Housing Plus, a subsidiary of New Passages, has received
>>three
>award letters from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
>to purchase and rehabilitate eight homes in Oakland County and four in
>Genesee County.  Four homes will be located within the city of Pontiac.
>The three awards are for a total of $841,910 and also provide support
>services to the people with mental illness who will occupy the homes.

WOW, This is like 70,159.16 per unit, which isn't as high as the HUD
average. Then you take in consideration what HUD obsorbed, and the cost per
unit is even higher, as what they obsorbed doesn't show up in the 841,910.
Now I ask you how many houses could the homeless build, even with paying
themselves a fair wage for doing so, with the 841,910, Then again, how many
acres of land could be purchased with the money, and we could put up tents,
while we hit the construction sites, for building materials to build the
houses.

If the government agencies, and the non-profits, really wanted to do
something besides maintain their own existance, they would think along these
lines
America, love it or make it better