[Hpn] Homeless issues

Harmony Foster Kieding fosterharmony@savethisplanet.com
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 07:01:32 -0800

"Housing is a privilege, not a right." That's one take on things; the United
Nations has a slightly different take on it.

 Universal Declaration of Human Rights
http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

"Article 25.
(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and
well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and
medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the
event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack
of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.

(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All
children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection."

Harmony

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7076/causes.html