[Hpn] Would you take a pay cut to end homelessness in your country?

Harmony Foster Kieding fosterharmony@savethisplanet.com
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 23:51:14 -0800

>Would you take a pay cut to end homelessness in your country?

(Harmony)>>> Well, because I worked a minimum wage job with no benefits, I would
have to say a reluctant "no"- there was just no way to cut anything further
from a paycheck that was insufficient to begin with.
And it was minumum wage/high rent (plus injury)that led directly to my becoming
homeless.
The last time I was able to afford to go to the dentist was either in 1984 or
1987.
But, on the other hand, I would volunteer to, (and in fact HAVE) put in my time
and efforts to end homelessness. If I have anything to share, be it on a material,
spiritual, emotional, or mental level- I have shared, and will happily keep
on doing so.
Would the rich be willing to spend one less week in Tahiti? Or cut out one night
at the opera?

Harmony

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7076/causes.html