[Hpn] your guess may be better than mine

Harmony Foster Kieding fosterharmony@savethisplanet.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 16:40:32 -0800

Bonnie, Joe- everyone-

I can relate...

"I find that Much I went through so corrosive to my spirit that it affects how
I relate. And that it ended most of my relationships. So where the hell were
those close family members we all have?"

  "Good question. Our families abandoned us when they found out we were homeless.
To my family, I was a "disgrace to the family", "a bag lady"."
(Harmony)
My family did the same with me and my husband. They could have helped- they
really could have. But they didn't. And, because of that, I have wound up living
in a different country. Emotionally, I consider myself an economic refugee.
Logically, I realize that this is ridiculous; I married a Norwegian, and now
I am living in his country with him. But he and I had tried to make a go of
it in the US, and not one of my family offered us even one night's shelter in
the six months we were homeless.

Ironic- one of the post traumatic stress disorder symptoms that's listed is
"feeling different from others". I wonder how much of that's because "others
choose to treat us differently" on top of that.

Harmony

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7076/causes.html