[Hpn] Misc.

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 13:16:17 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01C08EAC.A8747F20

Hi Jos,
I'm not sure what "spot on" means (is it like right on? or wrong on? =
lol) but it'll work anyway.  My thoughts kind of traveled and jumped =
from what I experienced while homeless, combined with a little sympathy =
for Mr. Reynalds, to the thought that you should never stop expressing =
yourself or even think about it.  I just thought that we could be a =
little more civil in our communicating.
Since Sonny sent that Quicken tax address I've been a bit busy.  The =
program allows you to do one after another after another.. and a few =
people have come my way to utilize this program.  I would state that =
$19,000 in refunds have gone through this computer, but one was rejected =
because her name/SS# didn't match, so we're going to call SS =
administration to find out if her SS# is still under her maiden name.  =
The lowest refund has been $200 some odd dollars for a gal who is young, =
single, and whose father claims her as a dependent.  She was a little =
disappointed, because she received $300 some odd dollars last year, but =
when we sat down and subtracted what she owed from what she paid in for =
1999 and 2000, the figures came out correctly and matching, even though =
she made and paid more in 2000 than she had in 1999.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to do my own taxes, for missing a =
document.  My return is/would be completely paperless, but I need the =
information from that document none the less.  We had to print out =
signature forms for two people, because they'd lost or misplaced their =
tax information from last year (1999 return).  But those that retained =
and had tax information from last year were able to electronically file =
with a digital signature.  It took a long time to do the first one, as =
the program pops up question by question and we had to carefully read =
each one (as opposed to scanning through questions on a paper form), but =
we picked up speed with familiarity.  We had quite a laugh about a lot =
of it, IRAs, medical savings accounts, foreign investments.. a zillion =
things that are so far from our simple and very poor lives.  Some things =
seemed so foreign, we wondered what they were.. but they apply to =
somebody, somewhere, I'm sure.  For a lady who earned money providing =
daycare, the program provided the place to enter that information also, =
under misc., and we found the 1099 miscellaneous income form we were =
looking for.  You report your own taxes under that system, and a 1099 =
misc. statement is sent to the payee as opposed to a W2.  Having =
children and being in the poverty level made her taxes owed $0, and the =
earned income credit entitled her to a refund.
I'm just a little unhappy that my email address has been invaded by =
unwanted messages.  I've received several porno emails and about twice a =
week have received a "Get out of debt" email suggesting that I =
consolidate.  Unfortunately, there is no way to reply to these emails, =
as the message that "This is not a valid email address" appears, so it's =
a one way street, from who knows who, into my email box.  Perhaps =
there's a way to block these.  I wish there were a way to track them and =
stop 'em in their tracks...
I've been checking out property (for sale) in Ebay.  There is a lot (of =
cheap property) in Arizona, and in Oregon most of it comes from Klamath =
Falls.  A person (or organization) could buy some of these auctioned for =
very low prices.  At best, some of the properties have utilities going =
right up to the property, at worst, some of the properties are isolated =
and utility development out of reach.  When my mother bought property in =
White Mountains (AZ), she installed a utility pole and pulled in a Terri =
Trailer, and installed something else (can't think of the name of it, a =
thing to drive over, like a bridge, between the road and the property =
that covered the ditch), then later separated the two acres (that she =
paid $2,000 for) and more than doubled her money when she re-sold it.  =
(She received $5,000 just for the one acre she had added the =
developments to).
I totally lost my first "Articles of Incorporation" paperwork that had =
been signed by our directors, but finally managed with help to get =
another form, get it filled out and signed (it varies State to State, =
but in Oregon, you must have at least three directors or your =
application will be rejected, I was told when I called a while back and =
inquired).  I am not able to open a bank account for this organization =
until we are registered with the State.  Soon, however, I will be able =
to.  Then, we can think about.. eh, perhaps buying property.  (within 5 =
years goal?)  I have considered that if I personally buy property, I =
will become ineligible for benefits that I need to survive.  My income =
is low and that option is out unless I want to go park myself on =
virtually undeveloped property and work in a town I don't necessarily =
want to live in.  Too much hardship for me.  A group project might be =
fun, though.  Buying property, adding amenities, maybe even enhancing in =
the utmost "energy efficient" way.. Yes, I'm dreaming, but I think it's =
possible or I wouldn't be dreaming it up.  (Smile).
I keep telling my directors that the purpose of being a director is to =
help think of ways to help the organization to make money.  (I read it =
somewhere.. in my "non-profit" newsletters I think.)  One director did =
just that when I presented a question to him.  I was filling out the =
application for becoming a notary when I needed to make the decision as =
to whether I would charge or not charge for this service.  He said "Yes, =
do state that you will be charging, then if a situation comes up that =
you don't want to charge, then don't".  Next month I will be sending out =
literature stating services we will provide, such as faxing, copying, =
and notary (With competitive fees).  We also have for sale a no =
chemical, natural lice remover that we are reselling for only $1 above =
our cost.  (and $9 less than they retail for at pharmacies in town 45 =
miles away.. the stuff's expensive).  Our free (short, professional) =
Macro haircuts account is funded for a while, and I have yet to work on =
a vacuum and steam cleaner rental program (buying the equipment.. =
headlice is a *itch in Oregon.. low income families need all the help =
they can get.)
Ok, I reckon this letter is long enough.
Peace & Love,
Lucinda

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01C08EAC.A8747F20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi Jos,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm not sure what "spot on" means (is it like right =
on? or=20
wrong on? lol) but it'll work anyway.&nbsp; My thoughts kind of traveled =
and=20
jumped from what I experienced while homeless, combined with a little =
sympathy=20
for Mr. Reynalds, to the thought that you should never stop expressing =
yourself=20
or even think about it.&nbsp; I just thought that we could be a little =
more=20
civil in our communicating.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Since Sonny sent that Quicken tax address I've been =
a bit=20
busy.&nbsp; The program allows you to do one after another after =
another.. and a=20
few people have come my way to utilize this program.&nbsp; I would state =
that=20
$19,000 in refunds have gone through this computer, but one was rejected =
because=20
her name/SS# didn't match, so we're going to call SS administration to =
find out=20
if&nbsp;her SS# is still under her maiden name.&nbsp; The lowest refund =
has been=20
$200 some odd dollars for a gal who is young, single, and whose father =
claims=20
her as a dependent.&nbsp; She was a little disappointed, because she =
received=20
$300 some odd dollars last year, but when we sat down and subtracted =
what she=20
owed from what she paid in for 1999 and 2000,&nbsp;the figures came out=20
correctly and matching, even though she made and paid more&nbsp;in 2000 =
than=20
she&nbsp;had in 1999.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Unfortunately I haven't been able to do my own =
taxes, for=20
missing a document.&nbsp; My return is/would be completely paperless, =
but I need=20
the information from that document none the less.&nbsp; We had to print =
out=20
signature forms for two people, because they'd lost or misplaced their =
tax=20
information from last year (1999 return).&nbsp; But those that retained =
and had=20
tax information from last year were able to electronically file with a =
digital=20
signature.&nbsp; It took a long time to do the first one, as the program =
pops up=20
question by question and we had to carefully read each one (as opposed =
to=20
scanning through questions on a paper form), but we picked up speed with =

familiarity.&nbsp; We had quite a laugh about a lot of it, IRAs, medical =
savings=20
accounts, foreign investments.. a zillion things that are so far from =
our simple=20
and very poor lives.&nbsp; Some things seemed so foreign, we wondered =
what they=20
were.. but they apply to somebody, somewhere, I'm sure.&nbsp; For a lady =
who=20
earned money providing daycare, the program provided the place to enter =
that=20
information also, under misc., and we found the 1099 miscellaneous =
income form=20
we were looking for.&nbsp; You report your own taxes under that system, =
and a=20
1099 misc.&nbsp;statement is sent to the payee as opposed to a W2.&nbsp; =
Having=20
children and being in the poverty level made her taxes owed $0, and the =
earned=20
income credit entitled her to a refund.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm just a little unhappy that my email address has =
been=20
invaded by unwanted messages.&nbsp; I've received several porno emails =
and about=20
twice a week have received a "Get out of debt" email&nbsp;suggesting =
that I=20
consolidate.&nbsp; Unfortunately, there is no way to reply to these =
emails, as=20
the message that "This is not a valid email address" appears, so it's a =
one way=20
street, from who knows who, into my email box.&nbsp; Perhaps there's a =
way to=20
block these.&nbsp; I wish there were a way to track them and stop 'em in =
their=20
tracks...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I've been checking out property (for sale) in =
Ebay.&nbsp;=20
There is a lot (of cheap property) in Arizona, and in Oregon most of it =
comes=20
from Klamath Falls.&nbsp; A person (or organization) could buy some of =
these=20
auctioned for very low prices.&nbsp; At best, some of the properties =
have=20
utilities going right up to the property, at worst, some of the =
properties are=20
isolated and utility development out of reach.&nbsp; When my mother =
bought=20
property in White Mountains (AZ), she installed a utility pole and =
pulled in a=20
Terri Trailer, and installed something else (can't think of the name of =
it, a=20
thing to drive over, like a bridge, between the road and the property =
that=20
covered the ditch), then later separated the two acres (that she paid =
$2,000=20
for) and more than doubled her money when she re-sold it</FONT><FONT=20
size=3D2>.&nbsp; (She received $5,000 just for the one acre she had =
added the=20
developments to).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I totally lost my first "Articles of Incorporation" =
paperwork=20
that had been signed by our directors, but finally managed with help to =
get=20
another form, get it filled out and signed (it varies State =
to&nbsp;</FONT><FONT=20
size=3D2>State, but in Oregon, you must have at least three directors or =
your=20
application will be rejected, I was told when I called a while back and=20
inquired).&nbsp; I am not able to open a bank account&nbsp;for&nbsp;this =

organization until we are registered with the State.&nbsp; Soon, =
however, I will=20
be able to.&nbsp; Then, we can think about.. eh, perhaps buying =
property.&nbsp;=20
(within 5 years goal?)&nbsp; I have considered that if I personally buy=20
property, I will become ineligible for benefits that I need to =
survive.&nbsp; My=20
income is low and that option is out unless I want to go park myself on=20
virtually undeveloped property and work in a town I don't necessarily =
want to=20
live in.&nbsp; Too much hardship for me.&nbsp; A group project might be =
fun,=20
though.&nbsp; Buying property, adding amenities, maybe even enhancing in =
the=20
utmost "energy efficient" way.. Yes, I'm dreaming, but I think it's =
possible or=20
I wouldn't be dreaming it up.&nbsp; (Smile).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I keep telling my directors that the purpose of =
being a=20
director is to help think of ways to help the organization to make =
money.&nbsp;=20
(I read it somewhere.. in my "non-profit" newsletters I think.)&nbsp; =
One=20
director did just that when I presented a question to him.&nbsp; I was =
filling=20
out the application for becoming a notary when I needed to make the =
decision as=20
to whether I would charge or not charge for this service.&nbsp; He said =
"Yes, do=20
state that you will be charging, then if a situation comes up that you =
don't=20
want to charge, then don't".&nbsp; Next month I will be sending out =
literature=20
stating services we will provide, such as faxing, copying, and notary =
(With=20
competitive fees).&nbsp; We also have for sale a no chemical, natural =
lice=20
remover that we&nbsp;are reselling for only $1 above our cost.&nbsp; =
(and $9=20
less than they retail for at pharmacies in town 45 miles away.. the =
stuff's=20
expensive).&nbsp; Our free (short, professional) Macro haircuts account =
is=20
funded for a while, and I have yet to work on a vacuum and steam cleaner =
rental=20
program (buying the equipment.. headlice is a *itch in Oregon.. low =
income=20
families need all the help they can get.)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ok, I reckon this letter is long =
enough.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Peace &amp; Love,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Lucinda</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01C08EAC.A8747F20--