[Hpn] To Our Delegates - Please Support HJ 607 Eugenics Apology

Thomas Cagle nh-adapt@juno.com
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 04:51:57 -0500

This is from a Virginia activist. It pertains to the Virginia Colony in
particular, in regards the involuntary sterilization and euthanasia of
PWD (people with disabilities), particularly people with developmental
disabilities.

It should be of note that the Virginia Colony was the most cited American
source in the Nuremburg trials of german consentration camp operators...

Tom C

From: DAC4VA@aol.com

Subject: To Our Delegates - Please Support HJ 607 Eugenics Apology

Dear Delegates:

We respectfully ask you for your support on the Eugenics Apology HJ 607,
which would put Virginia in the forefront of other states to offer such
an
apology.  This would also help to amend a terrible wrong that went on
during
our lifetime in Virginia.  HJ 607 expresses the General Assembly's regret

over the Commonwealth's involvement in the discredited eugenics movement
from
1924 until 1979.

We would also like to thank our hero's in the House Rules Committee that
supported this Resolution to get it to a floor vote.

The vote was 10-6 in support.

(our hero's)
YEAS--Wilkins, Putney, Callahan, Bloxom, Griffith, Moss, Diamonstein,
Cranwell, Thomas, Jones, J.C.--10.

(those that we need to educate)
NAYS--Parrish, Hargrove, McDonnell, Wardrup, Dickinson, Councill -- 6.

ABSTENTIONS--0.

NOT VOTING--Dillard--1.

Thank you for your support on HJ 607 and we will try to educate those
that
were not supportive to help make them aware of what really went on in
Virginia.

Respectfully,

Keith Kessler - Founder of DAC (disabled Action committee)
14405 Artery Ln#11
Dale City, VA 22193
703-878-1737
Email:  DAC4VA@aol.com