[Hpn] DAC UPDATE ON Eugenics Resolution HJ 607 -

Thomas Cagle nh-adapt@juno.com
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 05:15:57 -0500

From: DAC4VA@aol.com
To All:

Today the House overwhelmingly voted to pass HJ 607 Eugenics 85-10.  It
still
has to pass the Senate but I believe there is plenty of support from our
great Senators to do so.  We thank our friends in the House of Delegates
and
the Patron and Co-patrons who helped get this to the senate.  You really
are
hero's and champion's of the state of Virginia, all of you.

HJ 607 Eugenics.
Patron - Mitchell Van Yahres (all patrons)    .....    notes
-----

--
Summary as introduced:
Eugenics. Expresses the General Assembly's regret over the Commonwealth's

involvement in the discredited eugenics movement from 1924 until 1979.

There was only one slight change in the wording from apology to regret
but
that is very satisfactory with us.  We hope our Senators follow through
on
this decision so we can finally put this all to rest.  Thank you all for
listening and thank you all for caring.

Respectfully,

Keith Kessler - Founder of DAC (disabled Action committee)
14405 Artery Ln#11
Dale City, VA 22193
703-878-1737
Email:  DAC4VA@aol.com