[Hpn] Oh my god I'm starting to agree with Nader

Anitra Freeman anitra@speakeasy.org
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 21:43:31 -0800 (PST)

I am not turning into a Naderite.  With all respect to people I love who
support the man, I still don't trust him any farther than I can throw
his ponderous prose.

But I do have to agree with him that the Democrats are betraying us.

BTW, these were the eight Democratic Senators who voted for Ashcroft's
confirmation:

John Breaux LA
Ben Nelson NE
Chris Dodd CT
Robert Byrd WV
Zell Miller GA
Russ Feingold WI
Kent Conrad ND
Bryan Dorgan ND

Both of our Senators from Washington voted against him, and I'm proud of
them!  But while I can still support individual Democrats, I am appalled
that the party did not put up more than a token resistance to Ashcroft,
even when the man was proved to have LIED under oath in the confirmation
hearings!  I had hoped and expected that the split Congress would make
it difficult for Bush to put through any of his more damaging proposals,
including naming new Right-wing Supreme Court judges.  The evidence so
far, though, is that whatever Dubya wants, Dubya is going to get -- as
far as the Democrats are concerned.

We the people, though, can still give him hell.  Keep a spotlight on his
actions; challenge anything biased, unethical or unjust; broadcast the
truth and counter the right-wing propaganda machine.

Some resources:
http://www.publiceye.org/
http://www.igc.org/culturewatch/
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Housing/8930/guide1.html
(Oriented to researching right-wing activities on campus, but the tips
are applicable elsewhere)

And if you can afford even a token dollar, make a donation to Planned
Parenthood at
https://member.plannedparenthood.org/site/Donation?ACTION=SHOW_DONATION_OPTIONS&CAMPAIGN_ID=1063
in the name of President George W. Bush.  They'll send a nice card to
him for you.  Even better, do it on President's Day.

President George W. Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear President Bush,
A  donation has been made in your name to "Planned
Parenthood."

:)

Write On! / Anitra L. Freeman / http://www.speakeasy.org/~anitra/
"We can't help everyone.  We can't fix everything.  It hurts.
 But it is better to live with pain than to live without caring."