[Hpn] Latest News from Abq

Joseph Wessel jawessel@zdnetonebox.com
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 20:56:22 -0800

--
Joseph  Wessel
jawessel@zdnetonebox.com - email
Hi, all
It's been a few days since I was able to post, due to getting the camper
put on the truck. And now I am nearly out of gas. Luckily I may have
news of a job...I will find out more tomorrow.
Spent a useless day trying to get help with gas and heat. I went to Hoffmantown
Church (big as a shopping mall, in an affluent area) and was told they
only hear requests for "benevolence" for a couple of hours on Monday
and Tuesday. Then went to the Catholic church a few blocks away. The
parish administrator was a kind person, and tried to help to the best
of her ability...tha pastor was out for the day, so she referred me to
St Vincent De Paul. She made the call for me. The local guy for St Vincent
told me that since I haven't got a permanent address they would not help
me. Referred me back downtown to the shelters and Joy Junction (Joy?)
All but called me a liar when I told him that I had contacted them and
they refused to help. The parish administrator says she is going to speak
to the pastor when he returns to see if he may be able to arrange some
sort of assistance.

So I guess the day wasn't all bad...But my daughter's birthday is tomorrow,
and I can't get her anything yet. However, someone owes me for a computer
I built for them, maybe they will com through.

I heard no answer from "Joy-Boy" down at Joy Junction on my invite to
lunch at the big day shelter downtown. I suspect he deletes all replies
he gets to his posts. Gotta love a flamebaiter (awwww, do i gotta?).

I will close by saying how glad I am to be able to post and read here.
It helps to hear back from you all now and then to. Keeps me feeling
like someone cares!

Regards and love to all
Joe

To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com