[Hpn] Triple FEDERAL HOMELESS AID, Mayors ask Bush (fwd)

john macpherson nyceguy50@yahoo.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:00:20 -0800 (PST)

As long as the homeless are silent partners in this
form of abuse of funds the non-accountability will
continue.  Is 50% or more of the jobs going to the
Homeless at a fair market wage. Can you account for at
a minimum 70% of the funds supporting the homeless in
providing services? Usually 80% of the money is spent
on the collection of data. How much paperwork must you
do as a client do to get 5 cent comb, bar of soap,
toothpaste.  How much does the service provider get
paid for your meal in the soup kitchen, or day center.
Every shelter mandates a head count, for estimating
there paperwork in funding and the churches often get
little in return for staffing, food,
supplies,utilities, because the agency tells me that
they don't qualify, we didn't get the federal forms
that the service agency is responsible for.