[Hpn] Re: Survey homeless people on services & report results to funders? FWD

Tom Boland wgcp@earthlink.net
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 23:23:40 -0700 (PDT)

FWD   Re: Survey homeless people on services & report results to funders?
From: gathering@cygnus.com
Date: 2000/09/26
Newsgroups: alt.gathering.rainbow

[Megan Ravenhill writes] Hi [HPN listworker] Tom,

I have been doing some research in London England, using the life stories of
homeless and ex-homeless people.  One piece of research was a social audit
of the clients views about that charities hostel and its standards.  This
information was published and used by the board of directors to bid for
funding and panning permission to open more hostels.

You can get a copy of this report from: -

http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/Case

look at CASEpaper 37.

I have also been working for the London Borough of Camden on a report
looking at the Homeless Persons' Unit clients' Routes into homelessness.
this is in the process of being published at present.  This includes a look
at the standard and quality of the accommodation used by the local authority
to house homeless people in.

for a copy, try emailing

k.swift@camden.gov.uk

If you have trouble getting hold of either of these reports, let me know and
I will send you copies.

Megan Ravenhill