[Hpn] Turning an Enemy into a Friend

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:01:35 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C02A47.B02F2C20

Poor lil Esther, when I met her, her life was all messed up.  In fact =
I'll never forget when she shared with me, some of her deepest problems =
and memories.. such as being arrested at the mall for being (a twelve =
year old) drunk, while she was babysitting her 4 year old little =
brother.  She only shared with me after I began telling her of my past =
adventures and experiences.  "I thought you were straight!" she replied, =
in relief that she could finally unload some of her pressures and =
problems.
Just cos I kept a clean little apartment, bed always made, and didn't =
indulge in much of anything.  (Drank a beer now and then and that's all. =
 I was pregnant!  and even when friends tell me they have smoked (herb) =
while pregnant,  I don't care, because I don't personally see it as =
harmful, and if that's what they need, then...).
Anyway, Esther had an enemy problem.  She dropped out of school at 12 or =
13 cos, she said frankly, there were some girls that were gonna kick her =
a**.  I noted myself, that the teens in Eugene were particularly vicious =
(big time).  It wasn't like where I came from, and there was a lot of =
occultism and black (ugly) magic flowing through the community.  It =
wasn't the hippie, peace, and love community I'd been told to expect.  =
It was a rather dark and forbidden environment, people lived in what =
seemed to me total fear and apprehension, and I determined to change it, =
and I knew exactly how.  (Miss Buffet Bar "pro".. it's a yackety yackety =
place, and always provides for entertainment).  I am able to cultivate =
skill, nomatter what or whom I seem.  I learned the lessons, and know =
the value in communicating.  (Not to mention how to communicate).  Let =
me know, guys, if you think I'm bordering on arrogance... I both =
practice and believe what I say and will defend it, with example if =
necessary, cos I have seen the results.  I may have dropped out =
practically in Jr High, but I never dropped out of life or trying to =
learn how to improve it.
Esther live with her dad (tweek) and little brother in a studio (they =
were all studios) in the apartment building I lived in.  She had one =
pair of shoes, sandals, that she didn't strap, and had a favorite red =
shirt with a big tear in it.  They were very poor.  Her dad wasn't the =
best of housekeepers either, he wasn't necessarily bad, but not good =
either.  She smoked, her teeth were stained, and she kept her long bangs =
covered over one eye.  She peeked out at me from the other.
She's gorgeous and on top of it now, in fact going to college, but then =
was a completely different story.  Life was very rough, but she found =
comfort, and so did I, in our friendship with each other.  She saved my =
life.  She was so smart and quick to pick up.  We were close.  We still =
love each other very much, and find comfort in each other.
Anyway, when she was hollerin and griping about her "reason why she was =
out of school" problem, I said "Esther... I need to teach you some =
spiritual principles.  I remember her crinkling her nose, and saying =
"Well, I don't think spiritual principles would help".  I said (quoting =
from the book of thoughts my friend Brenda had given me "If you want to =
turn an enemy into a friend, let him do something for you, he'll be your =
friend for life".  I remember her turning her head, and body (she had =
been on her way out the door) and responding to the idea.  She also =
found out in later days and by practicing, that it worked.
Love, Lucy  (Try it!)

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C02A47.B02F2C20

Poor lil Esther, when I met her, her = life was=20 all messed up.  In fact I'll never forget when she shared with me, = some of=20 her deepest problems and memories.. such as being arrested at the mall = for being=20 (a twelve year old) drunk, while she was babysitting her 4 year old = little=20 brother.  She only shared with me after I began telling her of my = past=20 adventures and experiences.  "I thought you were = straight!" she=20 replied, in relief that she could finally unload some of her pressures = and=20 problems.
Just cos I kept a clean little = apartment, bed=20 always made, and didn't indulge in much of anything.  (Drank a beer = now and=20 then and that's all.  I was pregnant!  and even when friends = tell me=20 they have smoked (herb) while pregnant,  I don't care, because I = don't=20 personally see it as harmful, and if that's what they need,=20 then...).
Anyway, Esther had an enemy = problem.  She=20 dropped out of school at 12 or 13 cos, she said frankly, there were some = girls=20 that were gonna kick her a**.  I noted myself, that the teens in = Eugene=20 were particularly vicious (big time).  It wasn't like where I came = from,=20 and there was a lot of occultism and black (ugly) magic flowing through = the=20 community.  It wasn't the hippie, peace, and love community I'd = been told=20 to expect.  It was a rather dark and forbidden environment, people = lived in=20 what seemed to me total fear and apprehension, and I determined to = change it,=20 and I knew exactly how.  (Miss Buffet Bar "pro".. it's a = yackety=20 yackety place, and always provides for entertainment).  I am able = to=20 cultivate skill, nomatter what or whom I seem.  I learned the = lessons, and=20 know the value in communicating.  (Not to mention how to=20 communicate).  Let me know, guys, if you think I'm bordering on=20 arrogance... I both practice and believe what I say and will defend it, = with=20 example if necessary, cos I have seen the results.  I may have = dropped out=20 practically in Jr High, but I never dropped out of life or trying to = learn how=20 to improve it.
Esther live = with her dad=20 (tweek) and little brother in a studio (they were all studios) in the = apartment=20 building I lived in.  She had one pair of shoes, sandals, that she = didn't=20 strap, and had a favorite red shirt with a big tear in it.  They = were very=20 poor.  Her dad wasn't the best of housekeepers either, he wasn't=20 necessarily bad, but not good either.  She smoked, her teeth were = stained,=20 and she kept her long bangs covered over one eye.  She peeked out = at me=20 from the other.
She's gorgeous and on top of it now, in fact going = to college,=20 but then was a completely different story.  Life was very rough, = but she=20 found comfort, and so did I, in our friendship with each other.  = She saved=20 my life.  She was so smart and quick to pick up.  We were = close. =20 We still love each other very much, and find comfort in each = other.
Anyway, when she was hollerin and griping about her=20 "reason why she was out of school" problem, I said = "Esther... I=20 need to teach you some spiritual principles.  I remember her = crinkling her=20 nose, and saying "Well, I don't think spiritual principles would=20 help".  I said (quoting from the book of thoughts my friend = Brenda had=20 given me "If you want to turn an enemy into a friend, let him do = something=20 for you, he'll be your friend for life".  I remember her = turning her=20 head, and body (she had been on her way out the door) and responding to = the=20 idea.  She also found out in later days and by practicing, that it=20 worked.
Love, Lucy  (Try it!)

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C02A47.B02F2C20--