[Hpn] Food Not Bombs DEMO 10-14 Hoboken NJ City Hall fw

Tom Boland wgcp@earthlink.net
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:01:22 -0700 (PDT)

FWD  Fri, 29 Sep 2000 - Hoboken NJ USA
     Please REPLY TO original Sender: <foodnotbombs_hoboken@hotmail.com>

     "Hoboken, NJ, USA FNB: Demonstration against criminalization of poverty"

Dear Friends,

Food Not Bombs Hoboken has been serving food in the Lackawanna Park since
April 2000, but lately we got shut down by city officials whose arguments
were that we didn't have appopriate permit for serving food to public. The
real reason is that we are trying to show to other people that problem of
homelessness and poverty exist even in the areas like Hoboken. This is
soemthing what city officials don't feel comfortable with.

On Labor Day we were asked to leave park and throw out all food. One
weekend after that when we tried to come to the park, all guys usually
living there got kicked out before we showed up. We still continue serving
food even though without tables and banners.

On October 14, 2000 we are organizing protest demonstration at city hall in
Hoboken, which will show poverty, high rent and other problems to the
public. It will be done by very festive celebration, there will be street
theater, radical cheerleaders, drum circle, food sharing, speeches, poetry
reading, outdoor gallery, and more and more...

Food Not Bombs Hoboken would like to ask your organization for support and
sponsoring this event. Also we would like to invite everybody to
participate at this event and spend nice day in Hoboken.

We are looking forward to your prompt reply. We are preparing poster for
this event and would like to put names of all supporting groups on it.

Thank you.

Peter
for FNB Hoboken

Contact: