[Hpn] Eyesight

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:00:52 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C02A3F.352FB880

One time I took the drivers test, and I failed the vision test.  The =
motor vehicles guy told me I would be required to wear glasses.  Bummer! =
 I hate wearing glasses.  I made a weird Arizonan, I didn't like wearing =
even sunglasses, they hurt my eyes.  I was prescribed glasses at 14 but =
stopped wearing them because of discomfort and I felt they made my eyes =
weaker.
I was pulled over in Phoenix one day and I worried cos I wasn't wearing =
my glasses.  I thought surely I'd get a ticket.  But, it turned out that =
whover issued that license accidentally marked "left rear view mirror" =
as a requirement, instead of glasses.  Lucky break!
I felt like my eyes had been filmy that day, too, and I was determined =
to beat that eye test when opportunity knocked again, and did I ever =
beat it.
One thing, I figured, was that as a creature of habit and routine, I =
never really looked at the road signs, cos I knew my way around.  =
Searching in my mind I did always, but exercising my eyes on relatively =
small letters, I did not.  I didn't need to.  So, I figured my eyes were =
lazy.  (Hadn't been exercising them!)
When test time came again I experimented.  For at least two days, even =
when on my own turf (area), I started looking hard and long at the =
letters of each street sign I was coming up to, trying to focus and make =
out each letter from as far a distance as possible until reaching up =
close.
Results?  You won't believe the results.  I believe I passed my eyesight =
at 20/25 and 20/30.  Quite astonishing considering that when I was =
fourteen my eyes were 20/40, 20/100.  It was much worse when I had =
failed the test.
It proved to me that if I exercised my eyes by using effort to define =
letters at a distance, that my eysight would improve.
Believe it, or not.

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C02A3F.352FB880

One time I took the drivers test, = and I failed=20 the vision test.  The motor vehicles guy told me I would be = required to=20 wear glasses.  Bummer!  I hate wearing glasses.  I made a = weird=20 Arizonan, I didn't like wearing even sunglasses, they hurt my = eyes.  I was=20 prescribed glasses at 14 but stopped wearing them because of discomfort = and I=20 felt they made my eyes weaker.
I was pulled over in Phoenix one day = and I=20 worried cos I wasn't wearing my glasses.  I thought surely I'd get = a=20 ticket.  But, it turned out that whover issued that license = accidentally=20 marked "left rear view mirror" as a requirement, instead of=20 glasses.  Lucky break!
I felt like my eyes had been filmy = that day,=20 too, and I was determined to beat that eye test when opportunity knocked = again,=20 and did I ever beat it.
One thing, I figured, was that as a = creature of=20 habit and routine, I never really looked at the road signs, cos I knew = my way=20 around.  Searching in my mind I did always, but exercising my eyes = on=20 relatively small letters, I did not.  I didn't need to.  So, I = figured=20 my eyes were lazy.  (Hadn't been exercising them!)
When test time = came again I=20 experimented.  For at least two days, even when on my own turf = (area), I=20 started looking hard and long at the letters of each street sign I was = coming up=20 to, trying to focus and make out each letter from as far a distance as = possible=20 until reaching up close.
Results?  You won't believe the results.  = I believe=20 I passed my eyesight at 20/25 and 20/30.  Quite astonishing = considering=20 that when I was fourteen my eyes were 20/40, 20/100.  It was much = worse=20 when I had failed the test.
It proved to me that if I exercised my eyes by using = effort to=20 define letters at a distance, that my eysight would = improve.
Believe it, or not.

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C02A3F.352FB880--