[Hpn] Racism

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:27:16 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C028D2.177BB3C0

I clicked back to his site to read under Racism (updated).  It made me =
roll my eyes.
When I worked at Brinkley McDonald's, in Arkansas, about 4 years ago, I =
experienced what I call reverse racism.  Some people had it out for me =
on sight cos I was white.  It took fierce, severe, battling and =
communicating to let them know that I am not the enemy, that I really, =
truly and deeply loved them and was not out to hurt or injure them (so =
why injure me?), and to gain respect, friendship, and yes, I'm sure, =
love.  We bonded.
If you heard the way people talk in Arkansas (F'n N) bold faced who =
cares who's listenin or who it's hurting, you would understand why all =
the animosity.  All that white hate is taught, and I have every reason =
to believe it can be untaught.  I even heard some of the young blacks =
say sincerely that God forbids that you "mix" with the other race.  I =
used to just hear that from the whites, it was unmentionable or =
uncommunicatable by the blacks before, I guess.
If we were following the Human Declaration of Rights, we'd be educating =
them that they are free to marry anywhere they so choose.  That is what =
the document imparts.  I would think it would be our duty as a society =
to teach the bill of rights to humans and educate people from their =
ignorance.  (That causes pain and restriction).
On a funny note, I was really trying hard to learn "black talk".  I =
could copy and mimick the white Arkies, but it was harder for me with =
that black language.  Finally, one day cutie pie Joel went to a door and =
said "I'm goin to de sto".  That night, in the bath tub, I played with =
the words... "I'm goin to de sto... I'm goin to de sto fo mo.."  Then I =
carried on and burned it up and went to work bragging that I finally got =
it.
They took my teasing, though, cos they loved me, and they knew Lucinda =
loved them too.
There is hope!

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C028D2.177BB3C0

I clicked back to his site to read = under Racism=20 (updated).  It made me roll my eyes.
When I worked at Brinkley = McDonald's, in=20 Arkansas, about 4 years ago, I experienced what I call reverse = racism. =20 Some people had it out for me on sight cos I was white.  It took = fierce,=20 severe, battling and communicating to let them know that I am not the = enemy,=20 that I really, truly and deeply loved them and was not out to hurt or = injure=20 them (so why injure me?), and to gain respect, friendship, and yes, I'm = sure,=20 love.  We bonded.
If you heard the way people talk in = Arkansas=20 (F'n N) bold faced who cares who's listenin or who it's hurting, you = would=20 understand why all the animosity.  All that white hate is taught, = and I=20 have every reason to believe it can be untaught.  I even heard some = of the=20 young blacks say sincerely that God forbids that you "mix" = with the=20 other race.  I used to just hear that from the whites, it was = unmentionable=20 or uncommunicatable by the blacks before, I guess.
If we were following the Human = Declaration of=20 Rights, we'd be educating them that they are free to marry anywhere they = so=20 choose.  That is what the document imparts.  I would think it = would be=20 our duty as a society to teach the bill of rights to humans and educate = people=20 from their ignorance.  (That causes pain and = restriction).
On a funny note, I was really trying = hard to=20 learn "black talk".  I could copy and mimick the white = Arkies,=20 but it was harder for me with that black language.  Finally, one = day cutie=20 pie Joel went to a door and said "I'm goin to de sto".  = That=20 night, in the bath tub, I played with the words... "I'm goin to de = sto...=20 I'm goin to de sto fo mo.."  Then I carried on and burned it = up and=20 went to work bragging that I finally got it.
They took my teasing, though, cos = they loved me,=20 and they knew Lucinda loved them too.
There is = hope!
------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C028D2.177BB3C0--