[Hpn] Looking for information

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:28:25 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C02897.94250240

One time I was taking a landlord to court.  By reading and hearing, I =
learned I could charge post judgement interest, on top of a number of =
other "little" things, that added up big time.  Well, I didn't know how =
to calculate the interest, so I thought "I'll just call my bank branch =
and they can tell me".  So I called, and they said "Oh, well we don't =
actually deal with figuring interest, you want to call our finance =
department.  They deal with calculating interest and will be able to =
help you".  So, I called the finance department.  The girl who I =
explained my needs to was in shock.  She said "Well, yes, we do =
calculate interest for like home loans, but we just punch the numbers =
into a computer program, and I really wouldn't know how to figure your =
interest.. sorry!"  My next idea was to call the math department at the =
University.  Surely they would know, after all.. it's math.  However =
when I called the lady said "Well, actually, the math department deals =
more in big numbers, like counting the stars and stuff.  You want to =
call the business department".  Amazed, but determined, I did indeed =
call the business department at the university.  I think the gentleman I =
contacted was suprized, too, after I ran down my story (trail for this =
information) to him, and he gave me the information I was seeking.
One time, I earned a french fry badge at McD's.  A manager asked me a =
bunch of technical questions (like the tempature of the fry vats, which =
I don't keep in my noggin), and he practically showed me where to find =
the answers (like the little labels on the fry vats with the =
temperatures on them) so I could answer them.  He gave it to me, and =
said I earned it.  I replied "I didn't earn that... I didn't know the =
answers".  He said "No, but you knew how to look for them.  That's what =
earned you the badge".

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C02897.94250240

One time I was taking a landlord to = court. =20 By reading and hearing, I learned I could charge post judgement = interest, on top=20 of a number of other "little" things, that added up big = time. =20 Well, I didn't know how to calculate the interest, so I thought = "I'll just=20 call my bank branch and they can tell me".  So I called, and = they said=20 "Oh, well we don't actually deal with figuring interest, you want = to call=20 our finance department.  They deal with calculating interest and = will be=20 able to help you".  So, I called the finance department.  = The=20 girl who I explained my needs to was in shock.  She said = "Well, yes,=20 we do calculate interest for like home loans, but we just punch the = numbers into=20 a computer program, and I really wouldn't know how to figure your = interest..=20 sorry!"  My next idea was to call the math department at the=20 University.  Surely they would know, after all.. it's math.  = However=20 when I called the lady said "Well, actually, the math department = deals more=20 in big numbers, like counting the stars and stuff.  You want to = call the=20 business department".  Amazed, but determined, I did indeed = call the=20 business department at the university.  I think the gentleman I = contacted=20 was suprized, too, after I ran down my story (trail for this = information) to=20 him, and he gave me the information I was seeking.
One time, I earned a french fry = badge at=20 McD's.  A manager asked me a bunch of technical questions (like the = tempature of the fry vats, which I don't keep in my noggin), and he = practically=20 showed me where to find the answers (like the little labels on the fry = vats with=20 the temperatures on them) so I could answer them.  He gave it to = me, and=20 said I earned it.  I replied "I didn't earn that... I didn't = know the=20 answers".  He said "No, but you knew how to look for = them. =20 That's what earned you the badge".
------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C02897.94250240--