[Hpn] Nutrition Guidelines for Homeless Family Shelters - HPNer's advice?

Tom Boland wgcp@earthlink.net
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:07:27 -0700 (PDT)

Ms. Wendel asks HPN listmembers' advice on nutrition for homeless families.
Do you have tips on "special diets" for the young, sick, stressed or pregnant?

FWD 20 Sep 2000

We have been developing "Nutrition Guidelines for Homeless Family
Facilities" to enable organizations involved with helping homeless
families to assess their roles and performance in this area.

We have received feedback from many interested parties, including
shelters, health care providers, health departments, but have not had
feedback from people who are homeless or were formerly homeless. We are
looking in particular for those who are/were homeless while caring for
their children.

If you are interested in being a reviewer or know someone who is, please
respond to this email.
thanks in advance for your feedback,

Josefine Wendel, MS, RD
Nutrition Consultant