[Hpn] REGISTER TO VOTE!

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 18:00:28 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C027E3.A7581140

I can't validate all the information I've put on this flyer, and some of =
it I think I would alter (like instead of re-registering, just make sure =
you participate even in a limited amount, next time a vote comes around, =
so that you don't face the danger of having your signature thrown out =
because you've been inactive).  Follows is the flyer I created on =
8-1-00, regarding voting and voting related matters.

Register to Vote!

A petition passed around and you liked it, you were all for it, but... =
you weren't a registered voter, so your signature wouldn't count.  You =
contributed, however, by locating registered voters with similar =
interests.

What You May Not Know About Voting

If you're a registered voter, but you have been inactive, your signature =
can be thrown out!  Some groups who were trying to get their initiatives =
on the November ballot were upset by this.  If you think you may fall =
into this category I recommend that you re-register.

Make Your Vote Count

To make your vote count:
    a.. You must be registered at your current address.
    b.. You may register if you will be at least 18 by election day.
    c.. New Registration:  Your registration card must be postmarked by =
the 21st day before an election, unless you are already registered to =
vote and are using it to change information on your registration.
Mom Told Me

.. only to vote on people/issues you're familiar with.  No blind =
guessing!  If you don't know about a person/issue, leave it blank.  If =
there are 20 candidates and 15 measures to vote on and you are only =
familiar with 3 of them, then make your vote count on those 3.  You are =
not required to mark on each and every ballot item.

Courtesy of Freedom Fighters                                             =
                 8-1-00

Yep, it hurts my eyes, too, but it's the font I used in the original, =
that came with the example flyer I began with.

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C027E3.A7581140

I can't validate all the information I've put on = this flyer,=20 and some of it I think I would alter (like instead of re-registering, = just make=20 sure you participate even in a limited amount, next time a vote comes = around, so=20 that you don't face the danger of having your signature thrown out = because=20 you've been inactive).  Follows is the flyer I created on 8-1-00, = regarding=20 voting and voting related matters.

Register to=20 Vote!

A petition passed around and you = liked it, you=20 were all for it, but... you weren't a registered voter, so your = signature=20 wouldn't count.  You contributed, however, by locating registered = voters=20 with similar interests.

What You May Not Know About=20 Voting

If you're a registered voter, but you = have been=20 inactive, your signature can be thrown out!  Some groups who were = trying to=20 get their initiatives on the November ballot were upset by this.  = If you=20 think you may fall into this category I recommend that you=20 re-register.

Make Your Vote=20 Count

To make your vote = count:
Mom Told=20 Me

.. only to vote on people/issues = you're familiar=20 with.  No blind guessing!  If you don't know about a = person/issue,=20 leave it blank.  If there are 20 candidates and 15 measures to vote = on and=20 you are only familiar with 3 of them, then make your vote count on those = 3.  You are not required to mark on each and every ballot=20 item.

Courtesy of Freedom=20 Fighters           = ;            =             &= nbsp;           &n= bsp;           &nb= sp; =20 8-1-00

Yep, it hurts my eyes, too, but it's = the font I=20 used in the original, that came with the example flyer I began=20 with.
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C027E3.A7581140--