[Hpn] Survey Question...

Coalition on Homelessness, SF coh@sfo.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:18:35 -0700

leave the questions open ended. I realize the temptation to "prove"
what we already know is great, but the document is a lot more
powerful when you don't lead or cue the survey respondents. ask
enough people the question: how does staff treat you? and you'll see
contempt emerge as a common current.

I have a colleague who is a nationally respected ethnographer and
sociologist. if you folks develop a survey, I'll be happy to fly it
past him.

let me know.

peace,

chance

>"Lucinda Houston" <lucy@efn.org> wrote:
>>      "Do you feel like you're being treated with  contempt?"
>
>No, and that's exactly how I've felt treated by many so-called "helping
>professionals".  They had a label or procedure to discount nearly all of my
>concerns - about the quality of their services, or their felt "right" to
>control me. -- Tom Boland <wgcp@earthlink.net>

>8000+ articles by or via homeless & ex-homeless people
>INFO & to join/leave list - Tom Boland <wgcp@earthlink.net>
>Nothing About Us Without Us - Democratize Public Policy

468 Turk St.
San Francisco, CA 94102
vox: (415) 346.3740
Fax: (415) 775.5639