[Hpn] *W2W - Welfare To Work helps single moms find living wage jobs?

William Tinker wtinker@fcgnetworks.net
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:00:20 -0400

I would have to say that locally here in New Hampshire it has not, as the
wages are not high enough to insure the mother gets off the dole!
I know that there are professionals who will argue that the statistics prove
its working actually..... I believe the women whom were having babies to
stay on welfare are still career baby factories...I have one that lives
within 40 feet of my home!Also sadly enough a family member 45 is pregnant
and having another child she has children from 14 to 4 years old and is
having another in May,so its pretty obvious what going on here!
I blame the system for allowing this to happen as the DHHS people allow
welfare mothers to have live in boy friends and so it claims one thing and
condones other things.
I really have to conclude that nothing really has changed except in a few
rare cases where a mother took the incentive to go to college and got a job
where she could support herself with out the states help or having to be on
assistance for years
A Brother
Bill

William Charles Tinker