[Hpn] Time for Patience

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 22:08:42 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C025AA.D5836500

Now, it's time, for me at least, to sit and reflect on things.  There's =
no where to go, and nothing to do, but wait.
Years ago, I helped a couple out to start a business.  I promoted them =
by writing them up, and sold them right into the people business.
My aim and objective was to give the established institutions some =
competition.  I did not like those established places because of the =
hurt and humility that came with dinner and shelter.
However, as soon as they were in, and in favor,  I got the boot.  A very =
rude boot.
They had the money and the acclaim.. I had some owies to heal.  The =
newspaper even kicked in and endorsed them, which made them prosper =
financially.
I remember reading Don's column "I was a sceptic, a cynic.. but this =
seems for real".
It upset me worse when I started receiving stories from the recipients =
of this charity, the rudeness and poor treatment and indignity they =
received.  Hurt me, and that's one thing, but hurt other (innocent) =
humans and you've really hurt me.
When they were in business for just less than a year, the paper wrote =
them up again, and they received about $10,000.  I was hangin around =
their front door while they were trying to evade the questions of the =
reporter over the telephone.  A mutual aquaintance of both theirs and =
mine, gave me the actual estimate of what they'd received.  They =
reported the amount of $7,000, to the newspaper.
I helped shut them down, too, when I saw that their door remained mostly =
shut, when they freaked out thinking the mailman was holding back their =
mail (more at money), and when I saw all the signs.
WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE!
Gone on vacation... be back next month.
I heard about perms and computers, and lots of nice things they were =
buying for themselves.
It about made me sick.
I left some kind of poem on the door with words that only a dictionary =
and bible and literature reader could understand, and signed off  "A =
Community Awareness Message", and I called the paper and told them to go =
look at the place, that it was important.
I guess that taught Don a lesson, and  I guess it lessened our prospects =
for that type of endorsement in the future.  Who would be fool enough to =
do it again?

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C025AA.D5836500

Now, it's time, for me at least, to = sit and=20 reflect on things.  There's no where to go, and nothing to do, but=20 wait.
Years ago, I helped a couple out to = start a=20 business.  I promoted them by writing them up, and sold them right = into the=20 people business.
My aim and objective was to give the = established=20 institutions some competition.  I did not like those established = places=20 because of the hurt and humility that came with dinner and = shelter.
However, as soon as they were in, = and in=20 favor,  I got the boot.  A very rude boot.
They had the money and the acclaim.. = I had some=20 owies to heal.  The newspaper even kicked in and endorsed them, = which made=20 them prosper financially.
I remember reading Don's column = "I was a=20 sceptic, a cynic.. but this seems for real".
It upset me worse when I started = receiving=20 stories from the recipients of this charity, the rudeness and poor = treatment and=20 indignity they received.  Hurt me, and that's one thing, but hurt = other=20 (innocent) humans and you've really hurt me.
When they were = in business=20 for just less than a year, the paper wrote them up again, and they = received=20 about $10,000.  I was hangin around their front door while they = were trying=20 to evade the questions of the reporter over the telephone.  A = mutual=20 aquaintance of both theirs and mine, gave me the actual estimate of what = they'd=20 received.  They reported the amount of $7,000, to the=20 newspaper.
I helped shut them down, too, when I saw that their = door=20 remained mostly shut, when they freaked out thinking the mailman was = holding=20 back their mail (more at money), and when I saw all the = signs.
WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO = ANYONE!
Gone on vacation... be back next month.
I heard about perms and computers, and lots of nice = things=20 they were buying for themselves.
It about made me sick.
I left some kind of poem on the door with words that = only a=20 dictionary and bible and literature reader could understand, and signed=20 off  "A Community Awareness Message", and I called the = paper and=20 told them to go look at the place, that it was important.
I guess that taught Don a lesson, and  I guess = it=20 lessened our prospects for that type of endorsement in the future.  = Who=20 would be fool enough to do it again?

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C025AA.D5836500--